Sidi B-2 Boots...

ShayneJack

sidib-2boots.jpg

I'm been eyeballing these boots for the past week, I've made up my mind to run down tomorrow and grab them...

Just curious though, has anyone else had these? Any pros or cons? Everything I've read about them shows excellent protection and comfort...

just thought I'd ask...

• Member Contributer

I have been using them for the past couple of years, including a few high speed crashes on the track and numerous sets of toe sliders (Sidi sells ceramic ones that last a lot longer than the plastic ones that come on the B2).

My only issues with this boot are the squeaking, which is normal with boots with a lot plastic hinges, and not as bad as many others. The other issue I have is with the plastic heel cup and plastic around the closure buckle interfering with the heel guards on my VFR. The point at the end of the heel guard will get stuck under the plastic parts and make it difficult to move your feet on the pegs without moving your feet rearward to "unlock" them from the heel guards.

I have been using them for the past couple of years, including a few high speed crashes on the track and numerous sets of toe sliders (Sidi sells ceramic ones that last a lot longer than the plastic ones that come on the B2).

My only issues with this boot are the squeaking, which is normal with boots with a lot plastic hinges, and not as bad as many others. The other issue I have is with the plastic heel cup and plastic around the closure buckle interfering with the heel guards on my VFR. The point at the end of the heel guard will get stuck under the plastic parts and make it difficult to move your feet on the pegs without moving your feet rearward to "unlock" them from the heel guards.

thanks jeremy, I'll consider that...

• Member Contributer

I dont have experience with this model but I do have Sidi's and have always liked the fit and build quality of them. I wouldn't hesitate getting another set based off that.

I dont have experience with this model but I do have Sidi's and have always liked the fit and build quality of them. I wouldn't hesitate getting another set based off that.

well Greg, never even meet you but I'll take your word for it and go buy them tomorrow...

• Member Contributer

thanks jeremy, I'll consider that...

Oh yea, should have said in my original post. My complaints were relatively minor, and if I needed to purchase another set of boots today, I would get another set of B2s without hesitation.

Great boots. They're comfortable and protective. A tad hot in the warmer weather, but nothing thats distracting. They do squeak when you walk around, but its not a big deal. Like someone else said...lots of plastic hinges. They are very uncomfortable when walking around, but thats not what they are built for!! The quality is very good, but hopefully i'll never have to crash test em! They are a great buy, so they get my thumbs up :unsure:

Shayne, where ya getting em and for how much??

I'd love a new pair, just dunno if the Finance Dept agrees :unsure:

$235 at the dealer in San Bernardino... I've looked around, if I had them shipped it'd be over $260 so I'll spend the $5 in gas and scoot down there tomorrow...

don't know why I pm'd you, accidentally thought I was posting...

duh...

• Member Contributer

I went from a pair of Alpinestars to the B2's, and at first thought I had made a huge mistake...they were much narrower than the A'stars, but have proved to be extremely comfy (if squeaky).

• Member Contributer

I have those boots. Only 1 problem with mine, and it's fairly significant. The left toe compartment is too short - that is, I cannot wiggle my gear-shifting toe up & down. It's not a problem on short rides, but on the recent Hootenanny in B.C., it caused a fair bit of discomfort, to the point that I try to place my foot in a different spot to stay off of the tender spot on the top of my big toe. When I'm at home, I stick a big socket in the boot. That spreads the toe for a while, but the plastic "memory" brings it back before too long.

Maybe not an issue for most people, but I thought I'd pass it along. Other than that, the boots are fine. Water has never caused me a problem, for example.

Well, just got back from a 150 mile trip with the new SIDI B-2's... Quite the comfortable boot. I'm noticing that my left middle toe is touching the top of the boot though, so like GP PAUL had stated I'm going to try to 'stretch' them out with a socket or something...

Much better than my Bate's Ultra-Lite Sniper boots... not really motorcycle attire, but better than sandals... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Have had these for a couple of years. Very comfortable boot - I ride with them year round. Had one low speed lowside in them and they held up perfectly - just some minor scratches on the boots... not even a mark on me!

I spray them with a waterproof silicone spray a couple of times each year and they have so far resisted any water - even in torrential downpours.

I just noticedafter after the PNW Hootenanny that I have a seam separating on the top of the boot - so probably not water resistant any more.

All in all, a great boot.

I have the older style of B2's. I got them in '03. Have a few trackdays and miles on them. And more to go! Replaced the toe sliders a few times. Feet never get wet in a down pour. Comfortable for long rides. Easy to clean. Get funny looks when I go into a mini mart. LOL :fing02: The boots I got are red to match my leathers. Would I buy another pair? You bet I would. :goofy: I like'm. :goofy:

Archived