Gopro Video System Review

turtlecreek

quick update on the GOPRO battery issue:

so my problem is fixed, and they do warn you about this, but i ignored it originally.

So this is why we had no Gopro video's??? :blush:

:blink:

quick update on the GOPRO battery issue:

so my problem is fixed, and they do warn you about this, but i ignored it originally.

So this is why we had no Gopro video's??? :huh:

:blink:

if you'll notice, most every problem i have is due to ignoring the obvious.... :blush:

• Member Contributer

I have been using the GoPro for the last month or so and love it. It is sensitive to batteries & they tell you up front to use Lithium or Lithium rechargeable.

I have been getting a good 2 hours out of the Lithiums. I rode the other weekend all morning & filled two 2 gig cards on both cameras, Temp averaged about 45 w/ windchill down much lower. No problem & got full time out of batteries.

I have found with the Lithiums that if I use them, take em out and let them sit a day or two at room temp, I get another hour or so out of them. I also reuse them in other items that need the AAAs.

I posted a video shot on the RC45 a couple of weeks back and the little cameras work great!

As to the suction cup, my buddy took one to Barbers a couple of weeks ago and ran one with the suction cup (and safety wired) on the front of his fairing point back at him & the video was great & it stayed on just fine at the speed he was running his laps at... (1:43-1:44's).

I have ordered a 54 mm Lens GoPro because the 170MM wide angle does not do well for group rides and following, unless you are willing to ride "track close...."

I will post and report when I get the 54mm lens version in. I think for twisties rides, and for following other bikes, it may be the way to go.

I'll tell you what, the video is better than all the other specialty cameras in the under $800 range I have seen so far.

Thanks for the reviews, I'm waiting on delivery of the 54mm lens version, $215 Oz which is excellent considering.

A couple of questions:

1. How easy is it to align to the angle you want for vids, since there is no viewfinder

2. Does the suction cup leave any marks on the fairing?

3. What editing software did you use to make your vids?

4. What sort of compression did you use for publishing on the web?

Cheers

Thanks for the reviews, I'm waiting on delivery of the 54mm lens version, $215 Oz which is excellent considering.

A couple of questions:

1. How easy is it to align to the angle you want for vids, since there is no viewfinder

IT HAS A VIEW FINDER, SO NO ISSUE

2. Does the suction cup leave any marks on the fairing?

HASNT ON MINE, BUT THEN I DONT WASH MY BIKE OR WORRY ABOUT IT SO I MIGHT NOT HAVE LOOKED VERY CLOSE

3. What editing software did you use to make your vids?

I USE WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER

4. What sort of compression did you use for publishing on the web?

VIRTUALDUB

Cheers

Hey Guys,

Quick question. Can you start/stop remotely or do you have turn it on and go. I want something that I can snap a pic at a good time or shot video again when a good place comes up. I do not to be stopping on the side of the road all the time to start or stop it.

Hey Guys,

Quick question. Can you start/stop remotely or do you have turn it on and go. I want something that I can snap a pic at a good time or shot video again when a good place comes up. I do not to be stopping on the side of the road all the time to start or stop it.

there is no remote of which i know. simply push the button to start/stop. works fine if within reach of course.....as far as snapping pictures, it has a mode that snaps a pic every 5 seconds....will do this for 2 hours or so.

• Member Contributer

AB-Oz

1) Align with viewfinder ...probably more problematic with the 54 mm lens, guess I'll find out here soon enough.

2) Not using it, but it did not leave marks on my buddy's track bike.

3) Windows Moviemaker so far. I bought some other software with better editding & DVD authroing, but haven't use it yet.

4) YouTube does the compression automatically. I also posted to Vemio.com. They let you put up a lot, plus HD video too. If I post on my web, I don't compress.

I placed mine here on the CBR. Similar placement on the RC45

gallery_6467_2862_55178.jpg

CBR600_1a.jpg

Have fun with it!

Excellent, much better thanks!

I'll be doing my first filming this weekend, an OzVFR ride - 3 mountains, lots of tight stuff, lots of sweepers, got 4 2 gig cards and 8 batts so should get some good footage.

Cheers

Archived