No Biggie.

Rivcyko

• Member Contributer

Last Saturday, VipeRon came out so we could replace his front springs, change fork oil, and replace his rear shock, with his Elka, (from the group buy).

1st,..... Jeff, what the hell kind of adjustment were you try'n to do to the front end? LOL. It was set up for a 100 lb-ish person.

2nd,.... That Elka is sweet as hell. (We still need to get it dialed in).

All is well with exception of: What is the base ride height, supposed to be?????

The rest is cake.

event pics,....

100_4646.jpg

100_4647.jpg

Thank you, Ron for the food, pop, THE SHIRT, (Very cool), AND your old rear shock. (My'n was hit).

Ron has an ABS. I do not. Shock works great, on my bike, though. LOL. AND snaking the remote adjuster is a breeze without having the ABS pump in the way, (What a bear to get off his bike).

He also gave me the bracket, for the remote. I have my extra led brake lights, in that area though, and adding the bracket for the remote is nice but big and goofy. So,....I just bolted it to the pillion peg bracket, using one of the original bolts, spacer, and added a lock washer.

Ta-da!!

100_4650.jpg

100_4651.jpg

• Member Contributer
Hey, good on ya!

...but what's up with the Suzuki signs??? :fing02:

:rolleyes:

LOL. They were free at Mid-ohio. They are actually those blow-up tubes that you beat together.

• Member Contributer
Set SAG baby!

30-35mm front and 25-30 rear. :fing02:

btw I don't care for that remote knob orientation, looks weird to me, but hey who cares what I think! :rolleyes:

Great wrenching by Travis! Between install of Race Tech fork springs (.90), Elka shock and food/Captain Morgan breaks :laugh: , we consumed 12 hours on this project last Saturday....noon to midnight. Travis...let me know when you're available to set the sag...I'll bring some beer to replace the Captain Morgan :fing02:

• Member Contributer
Set SAG baby!

30-35mm front and 25-30 rear. :fing02:

btw I don't care for that remote knob orientation, looks weird to me, but hey who cares what I think! :rolleyes:

Great wrenching by Travis! Between install of Race Tech fork springs (.90), Elka shock and food/Captain Morgan breaks :laugh: , we consumed 12 hours on this project last Saturday....noon to midnight. Travis...let me know when you're available to set the sag...I'll bring some beer to replace the Captain Morgan :fing02:

We can hook it up this weekend. Sat would prolly be best, but I'm open, and it won't take long.

B.R.,

Were there. Can you tell me what the base ride height is? Should I use my bike to get a basis?

Skuuter Trash posted the Stock ride height of his Untouched RWB in a thread a week or 2 ago..

Unless the shock is Height adjustable All you need to do is set sag..

Note If you dont have a MM tape measure 28-30mm is around 1 1/8 inches -+..

• Member Contributer
Skuuter Trash posted the Stock ride height of his Untouched RWB in a thread a week or 2 ago..

Yup. I'm talking about Ron's over farkled, shock.

Got my'n dialed in, (sag), yesterday. 30 curve at 82. My best to record, yet.

Thank's Sam I'll search his posts. (Kind of a bitch, with over 8,000, now). LOL. Any search tips?

Yup. I'm talking about Ron's over farkled, shock.

Got my'n dialed in, (sag), yesterday. 30 curve at 82. My best to record, yet.

Thank's Sam I'll search his posts. (Kind of a bitch, with over 8,000, now). LOL. Any search tips?

Search tips.... With that post Ho... He didnt start the topic I know that... LOL :fing02:

You could search for stock shock length then go from there also... More rear ride hiegth = faster turnin

I guess I should have written mine down the other day when I installed a F4 shock but didnt. I just put enough washers in it till the threads of the bolt just went thru the Nut...

Note.. When you put the heavier springs in the front Im sure it raised the front from what your friend is used to.. So Turn-in is going to be a bit slower automatically (maybe) Kinda a trial n error..

Get that New-to-you Abs sprung for your weight n if you havent (? Not sure?) front springs You;ll love it..

• Member Contributer

Thanks, Sam! I'll hit David up.

Ron, Your part no is: 44808-mr7-013