Links To Group Riding Etiquette And Hand Signals

Guest RRW

• Member Contributer

Haha, can't wait to use the noob ones on the 191 ride :fing02: that will get more attention than the mohawks!! :fing02: :laugh:

• Member Contributer

Great info for the masses. Copied and pasted to Word and I'll be forwarding to others I ride with.

I think it is critical to have a general powow before the ride begins to agree on details as mentioned.

Every time I go for a scuba dive, the leader (dive master) reviews hand signals, discusses what we'll see, where we are and how long we'll be down.

Simple to do, lasts about 3-5 minutes, makes the dive more interesting and funny enough, really shows underwater who was listening.

Same as riding, I tend to move away from the diver who touches everything, swims erratically and is a potential hazard.

The most useful one I get is from other riders going the other way.

Patting the top of their helmet to let me know Officer Friendly is ahead. :fing02:

Although I do like a plain old wave HI, things are good, hammer down. :biggrin:

So while we are on the subject of group riding etiquette... This may be a self explanatory question but I wouldn't mind hearing what other poeple's opinions are on the matter.

What is the general rule of thumb if someone in the group gets pulled over for something like speeding? :biggrin: :fing02: :wheel: (We'll use that as an example because I know no one around here would imagine doing such a thing.) I'm guessing everyone else would keep moving along and then try to regroup at the next sensible place to pull over and wait

What is the general rule of thumb if someone in the group gets pulled over for something like speeding? wheel.gif wheel.gif wheel.gif (We'll use that as an example because I know no one around here would imagine doing such a thing.) I'm guessing everyone else would keep moving along and then try to regroup at the next sensible place to pull over and wait

One time our group of a dozen or more had a guy pulled over for a wheelie. On PCH, Doh!

Everyone else kept going, and stopped at our next planned turn.

After a few minutes one rider went back to check, and the cop waved him off, keep going!

Probably doesn't want to deal with a group single handed. Can't blame him there.

Eventually the wheelie king got his bike impounded, but was not handcuffed and got to ride bitch with a friend to get home. :biggrin:

OTOH, one time a cop zipped past me to pull over my buddy while on the Freeway, group of 2.

I kept going and exited, waiting for my friend near the off ramp.

After a few minutes, cop came along, and gave me a ticket too. :wheel:

General rule, decided if that situation comes up again, I'll catch you later. Don't stick around if it's me getting stopped either.

See you at the Rock Store or whatever. We had no cell phones then. Now, you can just call me.

Hopefully not to say, bail me out! :fing02:

Archived