5th Gen - 6th Gen - 5th Gen - 6th Gen

dutchinterceptor

Question

• Member Contributer

I need some help from the experts! I'm in the process of scavenging parts for my crunched 6th Gen and noticed someone on ebay is parting out a 5th Gen bike.

1.) Are 5th Gen forks identical to the 6th Gen or at least compatible?

2.) Seems like I've heard that the 5th Gen radiators are smaller but will work on a 6th Gen?

3.) What about oil cooler difference?

Thanks!!

12 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

Dutch,

I can't speak for the oil cooler and radiators but the forks are definately different. 6th gens are larger diameter. I could take some measurements for the oil cooler and rads if you want.

PM me if you do.

Ernie

I have a set of 5th gen forks sitting in the basement. Let me know if you need any measurements. I ride a 6th gen.

• Member Contributer

Oil cooler on the sixth gens has 3 rows if you will and mounts up underneath the head light.

The fifth gen mounts just above the front cylinder bank and only has "2" rows. I don't know if the tubing is the same diameter or not though.

• Member Contributer

Thanks so much guys for the info!

Seb, my bike seems to just be cosmetic with the exception of a tweaked radiator and broken tab on the oil pan. My project bike needs an oil cooler, left rad, and forks for sure. I haven't torn it down completely but was just trying to get an idea of what to start looking for. Once I get an idea of everything I need I will post a wtb in the classifieds.

Darth, stand by for a pm!

You guys are what makes this place so great! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

Same part number on ron ayers... And we pulled Jason's off of his ABS model to use them on my 5th gen for a week or so while i waited on my EBC rotors to get here

So yea!

What else you got? :P

You can get CBR600F4 rotors also. 99-2000 will fit your VFRs. :beer:

And oddly enough some gl1500 rotors are the same.

Archived