Atgatt Plus A Special Extra

enzed_viffer

Now here's a funny thing (or perhaps not): even though I'm a proponent and (mostly) an adherent to the "All The Gear, All The Time" philosophy, (yes, for those noobs who haven't heard of it, that's what 'ATGATT' means), I swore I would never wear fluoro safety gear, even if it was The Law.

But... pehaps because I like to try things out, or perhaps because even though the vifferbabe hadn't specifically asked me to wear it, this morning I clipped on the fluoro bib thingo that came with my new Macna leather jacket.

And guess what?

It didn't hurt!

Neither did it flap around, irritate me, or in any way misbehave. In fact, I even had some motorists move over for me, perhaps because the reptilian part of their brain reacted to the bright shininess and thought: "It's a policeman!"

Of course - ALL bikey cops wear blue Shoei helmets and ride a blue VFR. +1.gif

The only negative about the fluorovestythingo was the reflection off the instrument panel, which at times made me think my indicator indicator light was illuminated. As it was, but so was everything else in LURID! EYE-POPPING!! FLUORO YELLER!!

Oh wait - here's a nuther possible negative: if you have an accident, it will be much more noticeable, so you'd feel like a right pillock.

The only negative about the fluorovestythingo was the reflection off the instrument panel, which at times made me think my indicator indicator light was illuminated. As it was, but so was everything else in LURID! EYE-POPPING!! FLUORO YELLER!!

Oh wait - here's a nuther possible negative: if you have an accident, it will be much more noticeable, so you'd feel like a right pillock.

Coooool!! You've got an indicator light that indicates that your indicator light is on??? Just to be sure loik!!

BTW, what's a "pillock"??

+1.gif

Just remember: The Interdweeb Is Your Friend(and Google too)

Here, from the "American to English" dictionary:

"pillock n idiot. You could almost decide having read this dictionary that any unknown British word is most likely to mean "idiot". And you could almost be right. The Brits have so many because different ones sound better in different sentences. "Pikey" is likely a contraction of the 16th century word "pillicock", which was used to refer to the male member."

This thread is worthless... well, without you know what. A picture of a fluoro jacket and a picture of a pillock (whatever that is) for comparison.

Yeah yeah.

Unfortunately, the Macna website doesn't have the fluro bib attachment in their pix - it must be new (or maybe old).

Mebbe I can find someone at work to take one (my camera is at home).

Just remember: The Interdweeb Is Your Friend(and Google too)

Here, from the "American to English" dictionary:

"pillock n idiot. You could almost decide having read this dictionary that any unknown British word is most likely to mean "idiot". And you could almost be right. The Brits have so many because different ones sound better in different sentences. "Pikey" is likely a contraction of the 16th century word "pillicock", which was used to refer to the male member."

Now it just wouldn't be as much fun if I looked it up on the interweb now would it??? I knew it would mean something like that, actually, dweeb would seem to be a good tranlsation. Nong in my hometown slang. Feckin eedjit was fun to use in Dublin. Twerp is another one from back home.

Funny thing about Pillicock is that here in Spain "it" can be referred to as the "pilila", perhaps there's a latin root there somewhere (no pun intended... ok ok pun intended).

:goofy:

Here's yer pix, sportsfans (and voyeurs):

Without bib (from the website):

gallery_3710_217_66790.jpg

Macna "Summit" jacket

With bib:

gallery_3710_217_156140.jpg

jacket1.jpg

gallery_3710_217_124735.jpg

jacket2.jpg

Note that the whole leather panel in the front (between the zips on the front, and around behind the neck/shoulders in the back) has been zipped off, to allow nice kewleeeen air to flow through the mesh panel. :salesman: In the second photo, the vent zips on the sleeves have also been opened - these are double-ended, so can zip open from either end.

• Member Contributer

These are only the first symptoms of the otherwise a long-term affliction w/o a known cure as of yet.

The onset of advanced stages is accompanied by a full body fluoro suit, a Goldwing and a Rukus. :goofy:

BentSkuuterHousebuystheSouthRide-7.jpg

Wicked Jacket Enzed. Real streamlined, space-age look to it!! What are the protectors like? Looks really ergonomic, hydrophobic, why it's a grease lightnin' !!!

Hydrophobia is rabies, y'know... :goofy:

Um, it has "CE approved" armour in the elbows, shoulders and back, which seem to be of the rubbery sort, with the back protector being "memory foam".

Quite frankly, these aren't up to the standard of those in my Teknic jacket, which has the flexible hard(ish) plastic cups with foam in, and the elbow ones extend quite a way down the arm. The Teknic also has a built-in moulded back protector, with a pouch for an accessory one as well. I may swap them over, as those in the Teknic locate better over the joints, or at least buy an aftermarket back protector of the 'strap-on' variety.

The Macna is a very "high tech" jacket, very well thought out, but some of the snaps and zips that hold the "Sandwich System" linings in (vented+waterproof+thermal) are very fine, so I'm not sure how they'll do for longevity. OK if you're just a weekend rider, I guess, but I ride nearly every day.

Eeen,

Interesting stuff, and if I had one of these dayglo gadgets I'd use the bastard all the time. Might look a bit strange on the bus though.

I like that it's kinda low profile, relatively speaking... not like this :goofy:

BentSkuuterHousebuystheSouthRide-7.jpg

Now that stands out, even when you try to hide it behind a sea of VFRs smile.gif And the suit is pretty damn in your face too :goofy:

Might look a bit strange on the bus though.

As long as its the Short bus you should blend right in.

Just dont forget the scuba mask, snorkel and Red ping pong paddle :goofy: :goofy:

Now let'skeep the thread clean, ehhh, tis family orientated web-site, no sexual references please!!

Archived