New Helmet For Christmas - What Do Y'all Recommend?

vfral1

I currently own a Shoei RF-800. Like it okay.

Several folks have suggested Scorpion EVO-xxx, because of the quietness and antifog properties.

Anything else I should consider? Arai helmets have a different shape; I don't have an Arai head.

Thanks.

Arai has a lot of different shells all with different shapes. Go to a shop that has a good selection and you will most likely find an Arai that fits. :thumbsup:

As others mentioned, try a lot on and find which one fits the best. Went through this search earlier this year and ended up with a Shoei RF 1000 and couldn't be happier. My dad, after seeing mine, ended up buying one, too.

• Member Contributer

I bought a SHOEI X11 at the start of the season,A bit on the expensive side but hands down the best helmet I've ever owned. But thats my head not yours. Buy what fits you best.

If the Shoei fits .... X11!!

Great lid. I have had the Rf800, the ZII and when shopping aroung tried the Rf1000. And then a salesman suggested I try the X11. Wow, big difference. I now have two of them.

But as mentioned by others, buy the one that fits the best.

• Member Contributer

I just bought the new HJC FS-10. It has the built-in flip down sun visor similar to the Scorpian EXO-1000. Im pretty happy with it. The only thing about it is that it seems to let alot of air into your face. That would be fine during the summer but in the winter its not very nice.

HJC_FS-10_stpz.jpg

I currently own a Shoei RF-800. Like it okay.

Several folks have suggested Scorpion EVO-xxx, because of the quietness and antifog properties.

Anything else I should consider? Arai helmets have a different shape; I don't have an Arai head.

Thanks.

I hear the scorpion 1000 is a way over sized helmet shell, not good.

I have the EX400, if you use the breath deflector and the original shield, I've never seen anything as good with fogging. But if it doesnt fit right ofcourse is also key.

The EX700 I hear is alittle cooler and noisier, the only thing I wish the EX400 was, an ounce or 2 lighter. I did have one vent that liked to whistle, scotch tape works great

With at least three different shell shapes, I am not sure there's such a thing as an "Arai head". For example, a Profile is quite different from a Corsair.

Try some of the different ones on before you give up on them- and by all means, always go with best fit before anything else.

paint pattern. paint pattern.

www.webbikeworld.com has lots of pretty good reviews. better to try on, but I've never really notice hot spots in a 4 min trial fit at a dealer, and of course impossible to check vents/ fogging - thou sliding glasses in place is a problem that can be verified.

as mentioned, Arai has a couple diff. internal shapes with same quality - ' roundish' shape of Quantum and RX 7 , more narrow oval of profile - signet replacement

Sharks have good rec. - I think the RS i has a ' narrow oval shape' , perhaps the RS2 more round.

• Member Contributer

I have an HJC Modular that I still like (CL MAX) except it doesn't clean the shield very well in the rain. In a full-coverage dept., I must have a "cheap" head, because after trying various "upper-price-stuff", I'm back to the newest Arthur Fulmer and perfectly content in fit, function, and quietness.......go figure..... :pissed:

• Member Contributer

I have the EXO-700.

Nice helmet but not for a long head like mine.

Before I put some foam in the top it would give me a severe bruise at the top of my forehead and now its just a bit too tight. Fantastic safety for the money, though. Oh, and I absolutely had to remove the breath guard because it cause wind to be funneled directly into my eyes. Second day I had it I ended up behind a dusty dump truck on the freeway. It would have been bad anyway but with that thing making the wind go right into my eyes I had a close call because I got enough dust in my eyes that they were trying to roll back in my head. I could force them open for a second and then they'd be closed for two seconds. Barely made it off the freeway.

new helmet next season.

• Member Contributer
If the Shoei fits .... X11!!

LOMFL. Yuc, yuc, yuc.

• Member Contributer
If you have a Shoei head, then here's another vote for the X-Eleven. Most comfortable helmet I've ever owned!

Ditto to what Gary said....best, lightest, best venting helmet I've ever owned. Worth the $ IMHO

I have the Scorpion EXO-700 'Rivet" Yellow.. LUV IT !!!! open the Vents and your hair will move. Close the vents she's quiet and best thing is the shield doesnt fog in cold weather..

• Member Contributer

If you have a round head, nothing beats an Arai Quantum II IMHO (of course sometimes my fins get in the way)- :thumbsup:

Archived