Leather Liner

jeremy556

• Member Contributer

I saw an add a year or so ago, advertising a product that was a liner for ventilated leathers. Basically, it was a windbreaker like underarmor, made to wear under leathers that would stop the wind.

I am planning on doing some cooler weather riding this winter and only have a 1 piece perforated suit to do it in, and with my regular undergarments 60 degrees is too cold to be enjoyable. Ironically, I have an electric jacket, but it is too bulky to wear under my leathers.

• Member Contributer

How about this liner?

Aerostich has a really lightweight rain/wind jacket in their catalog but I couldn't find it on their website. A friend of mine just uses one of those under his perf'd leathers.

• Member Contributer

I'm not sure if this is what you remember seeing, but there is a product called Cold Killers that is advertised to be worn underneath leathers or any other type of gear.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categ...%3ACold+killers

Rev'It! also sells a similar product... I have the Sigma pants and Omega Lynx shirt, and both work pretty good at blocking the wind. Neither of them have any type of insulation though, so by my experience in ventilated textile gear, you'll start to get pretty cold at highway speeds once the temp goes below 55 degrees or so.

Try something with the Gore Windstopper(same company that manufactures Gore-Tex), I have a coat and gloves made with Windstopper, it works amazingly well.

• Member Contributer
Try something with the Gore Windstopper(same company that manufactures Gore-Tex), I have a coat and gloves made with Windstopper, it works amazingly well.

I can vouch for the qualities of gear with Windstopper (probably is a trademarked thingie....) while riding a bike :thumbsup:

koud.jpg

Whilst not Windstopper, in cold weather I wear a Helly Hansen long underpants under my leathers. (the bicycle pants above donot fit under my leathers...)

Archived