While Waiting For My "ken's Fender Elim" To Arrive...

pbmax

• Member Contributer

Just because :idea3: hehe. Today I took apart the tail section in an attempt to remove that hideous plastic fender. I have a ' ken's fender eliminator' kit on the way - but since it isn't here yet I thought I'd see if I could re-engineer things myself while I wait. So I took all the plastic junx off and what was left was kind of an industrial looking metal bracket. Like it! It was an unsightly green color though so...

Off to the hardware store to purchase some paint - I ended up getting a black metallic paint that nearly matches the bike! PERFECT!

Apply much sweat. Paint. More sweat. Then, all back together with a few spare parts woot! Stood back and looked at it - it looks pretty dang fantastic (for what it is)! I just wish Maryland had smaller license tags for motorcycles. Cuz, it would look teh hawt stuffed up between the exhaust cans.

And on that note, we'll see what the fender eliminator kit looks like when it arrives. But for now - not bad! Total cost --- $4.99 for the spray paint and an hour's worth of sweat and swearing. That's it! LOL. Here's what it looks like. Whaddya think?

gallery_12186_3289_82654.jpg

Edited by pbmax

• Member Contributer
You can trim the plate and tuck it... :thumbsup:

HOT!! :idea3:

That's exactly what I'm hoping to do when the fender elim arrives. This was just to see what was going on under all that plastic - can't wait to finish it up now.

• Member Contributer

Ken's Fender Eliminator arrived and after some serious plate manipulation I was able to get it all installed. No joke, what a pain in the @ss the little nutz on the back of the light are to install. But worth every minute spent! Thanks Ken!!

I would've probably been ok with the industrial bracket the bike was born with (minus the plastic) had I not been able to make it fit. But I'm so glad it did fit. My first mod complete! And while I was at it, I added a pair of HONDA decals to the lower fairing. Next stop - hard factory bags. cha-ching! :beer:

gallery_12186_3289_76745.jpg

med_gallery_12186_3289_91495.jpg

Sooo, we've been trying to raise the tails and mufflers and cleaning up that gap between the tail and tires on our bikes for years, and now we are starting to see so many new bikes with the low stumpy pipes ala-MotoGP bikes. Do we need to do a polar shift on our ideas on how to improve our bike's looks?? IMHO High and clean still looks better as you see in the pics of these de-fenderized 6th gens! :thumbsup: They can have their low MotoGP style clunky pipes!

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer
And on that note, we'll see what the fender eliminator kit looks like when it arrives. But for now - not bad! Total cost --- $4.99 for the spray paint and an hour's worth of sweat and swearing. That's it! LOL. Here's what it looks like. Whaddya think?

I did this on my first vtec back in 2003 but the thread was lost a year or two later in a crash. I love free mods! I don't count the cost of the paint as I all ready had it on hand. :salesman:

gallery_611_303_31585.jpg

Another coincidence: I added the Canadian Ken kit to my 96 RCBVFR (uses a vtec subframe).

IMG_6301.jpg

• Member Contributer
Another coincidence: I added the Canadian Ken kit to my 96 RCBVFR (uses a vtec subframe).

Your red bike is SICK... absolutely sick!! I read thru that thread today. Great job on it. Really!