First Mid Tn Vfrd Ride Report July 07

MidTNride7-14-07VFRD001.jpg

Left the house at 6:45am this morning for the 45 min. ride to Pucketts to meet the guys for our Mid TN VFRD ride. It was a pleasant morning and day weather wise and nothing unusual happen on the way out. As I pulled in Skuuter Trash was waiting in the parking lot and with in 10-15 min. most the the others had shown up.

Myself, Vecky5(Rob), Skuuter Trash(David), , VFR25thAnny(David) & turtlecreek(Dale) were already trash talk'en/bench racing before breakfast.

MidTNride7-14-07VFRD003.jpg

We moved inside, ordered food and sat down before mechdziner714 rolled in and joined us. Well after lots of coffee, decent food and lots of BS it was time to roll. I had decided on the 160 mile Holenwall route so after a short ride talk we headed out.

The Pace was keep at a reasonable rate as I was trying to feel out some of the guys I have not ridden with before. The day was a nice one as we made our way through some of Mid Tn nice twisties, taking a short brake on one of my favorite bridges.

MidTNride7-14-07VFRD004.jpg

There were more Doe's with bambies out today than I've ever seem before as we crossed paths with no less than 6 sets of them, but no real problems. The road conditions we nice and clean with only a few minor exceptions. Traffic wasn't bad either as we reached Holenwall for a quick drink before heading back reversing the same route back.

The return trip allowed for a little more throttle as the group seemed to have few problems with riding their our Pace. Again a stop at the bridge for a pee break before the only ruff section of road we ride.

MidTNride7-14-07VFRD008.jpg

We rolled back into Leipers Fork at close to 1pm and stopped at Pucketts again and enjoyed their very tasty lunch buffet before David, David, Rob, Stephen, Dale and I went our separate ways.

It was a good day and I had fun, hopefully so did everyone else! :goofy:

MidTNride7-14-07VFRD009.jpg

ps, I don't know who this British chap was in the Triumph shirt behind me! wink.gif

but he followed us all day!

• Member Contributer

Nice summary and pics Kevin. I had a great time "trying" to keep up. Great roads and great people. Lets do it again sometime.

Rob

• Member Contributer

ps, I don't know who this British chap was in the Triumph shirt behind me! wink.gif

Glad you dudes had fun! Rough looking characters there especially that Turtle guy. :thumbsup: Wish I hadn't had the day planned for so long. Who is that guy with the Triumph shirt sitting on the bridge?? He reminds me of Black Bart the pirate with all that black clothing on. Oh yeah, I know who he is....he's a cool guy but very dangerous.... :goofy:

My day was mixed. Took the garbage bike to the dealer (good dealer..not a stealer) for routine service and they made me such a good deal on mounting, I let them mount a set of M3's on it that I brought in. Just as they were finishing up, the bottom fell out of the sky so there I am with a new slick set of tires with water running all over the road. When it let up, I just rolled out north towards home VERY carefully. Not really good riding as it's all straight.

Got home and went straight to the twisties to try out the new M3's. Much better than...well, too ashamed to say what came on the bike the tires are so trashy. The M3's certainly turn in better and didn't slip at all in some tight ones. There's about a mile and a half of turns tighter than the Gap on one of my routes and never took them faster than today. Much more confidence inspiring rubber.

Did Skuuter keep up or was he just sweeping up tire dust?

Next time I reckon. wink.gif

• Member Contributer

Had a great time........great bunch of people. You meet the nicest(Honda) people on a Triumph....... :P When you hang out and ride with VFRD people you really do find out what it means....V very...F fine...R rider...D dudes (the ladies are included in the full-coverage dude word). It just always seems they all come in such tall sizes......... :goofy: Anytime Kevin on the sweepin'.....dust goes over my head........Bent...bring it on big-boy....I found out yesterday the Triumph ain't a automatic...you can pull in on this lever thingie, lift up this toe thingie on the left side, let go of the lever thingie and it goes faster. The guys told me yesterday I can do it 4 more times too. So after I get this 2nd gear thing down, just wait till I try 3rd.....you're toast..................... B) Everyone seemed to have a fun time and rolled back in without incident (very important part of fun riding days). Wife wants to roll out the cruiser today and let me ride her around......while I was out riding with the buddies, she washed/ detailed the SUV, bought my favorite beer and put it in the fridge, took me to Applebees for supper (another favorite draft) and let me watch the NASCAR truck race instead of a chick-flick channel, so it'll be the least I can do. Ah, life is good.....anyone else riding today--ENJOY and stay safe.........skuuter (trash)....... great pics and write-up Kevin... :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
Had a great time........great bunch of people. You meet the nicest(Honda) people on a Triumph....... :P When you hang out and ride with VFRD people you really do find out what it means....V very...F fine...R rider...D dudes (the ladies are included in the full-coverage dude word). It just always seems they all come in such tall sizes......... :unsure: Anytime Kevin on the sweepin'.....dust goes over my head........Bent...bring it on big-boy....I found out yesterday the Triumph ain't a automatic...you can pull in on this lever thingie, lift up this toe thingie on the left side, let go of the lever thingie and it goes faster. The guys told me yesterday I can do it 4 more times too. So after I get this 2nd gear thing down, just wait till I try 3rd.....you're toast..................... B) Everyone seemed to have a fun time and rolled back in without incident (very important part of fun riding days). Wife wants to roll out the cruiser today and let me ride her around......while I was out riding with the buddies, she washed/ detailed the SUV, bought my favorite beer and put it in the fridge, took me to Applebees for supper (another favorite draft) and let me watch the NASCAR truck race instead of a chick-flick channel, so it'll be the least I can do. Ah, life is good.....anyone else riding today--ENJOY and stay safe.........skuuter (trash)....... great pics and write-up Kevin... :thumbsup:

Me in a race with Skuuter ain't gonna happen! I know better... :thumbsup:

Secondly, you know you don't deserve that kind of treatment from Mitzie but that just verifies that you lucked out ending up with a very cool wife!! Oh, BTW, she's smart too....she did that because she wants something.....yuk, yuk, yuk.... :thumbsup:

thanks to everyone for turning out on the ride. Kevin, nice roads and thanks for encouraging the sport. know it isn't always fun riding below your top speed, but i think i can speak for all that you made it a good day for us. skuuter, same to you. thanks for bringing up the rear and making sure we all made it back together. nice meeting you david (vfr25thaniv) for the first time. rob and stephen, enjoyed riding with you again too....almost like being at the gap again!

oh, by the way, if you didn't already know it, KEVIN IS A :unsure: :huh:........... :goofy:

thanks to everyone for turning out on the ride. Kevin, nice roads and thanks for encouraging the sport. know it isn't always fun riding below your top speed, but i think i can speak for all that you made it a good day for us. skuuter, same to you. thanks for bringing up the rear and making sure we all made it back together. nice meeting you david (vfr25thaniv) for the first time. rob and stephen, enjoyed riding with you again too....almost like being at the gap again!

oh, by the way, if you didn't already know it, KEVIN IS A :huh: :goofy:........... :goofy:

Well yeah, I was having a little trouble with the clutch that made it hard to release w/o the front wheel accidentally coming up! :unsure:

Good time, good group, good day! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
Well yeah, I was having a little trouble with the clutch that made it hard to release w/o the front wheel accidentally coming up!

Need to get that thing fixed before you hurt yourself or stall the engine pulling out sometime............. :unsure: :P

Well yeah, I was having a little trouble with the clutch that made it hard to release w/o the front wheel accidentally coming up!

Need to get that thing fixed before you hurt yourself or stall the engine pulling out sometime............. :squid: :P

Working on it! wink.gif

• Member Contributer
Well yeah, I was having a little trouble with the clutch that made it hard to release w/o the front wheel accidentally coming up! :squid:

How does that line work with the TN Hwy patrol? :salesman:

Seriously, though, wheelies are an essential part of bike control and for safety reasons must be practiced regularly...

:beer:

Well yeah, I was having a little trouble with the clutch that made it hard to release w/o the front wheel accidentally coming up! :squid:

How does that line work with the TN Hwy patrol? :salesman:

Seriously, though, wheelies are an essential part of bike control and for safety reasons must be practiced regularly...

:beer:

apparantly justification skills are an important tool fo riding as well....:goofy:

no wonder i am still a rookie...i have been working on the wrong things!

• Member Contributer

Stunter hooligan....it all starts with wheelies, then he' ll probably ride across the bridge next time standing on the seat, do a stoppie, pee, then dismount................... :squid:

I had a great time, thanks to Kevin again for the tour. It was also good to meet a new VFR convert (David).

I thought for sure we were gonna get a driving award from Williamson Co's finest on the way home, luckily the cager in the ditch distracted their attention.

Hopefully next time some of you other Mid TN'ers can join us.

Stunter hooligan....it all starts with wheelies, then he' ll probably ride across the bridge next time standing on the seat, do a stoppie, pee, then dismount................... :beer:

Hey, your stealing my Thunder for our next group ride! :squid:

:goofy:

• Member Contributer

On a different subject.......David (VFR25thAnny) came out of Pucketts and I talked to him before I left.....he was getting ready to leave too I think.....I haven't noticed any posts from him....... :squid: ......If you're out there David, post up...... :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
Bailey's :squid: :beer: behaviour may have scared him off for good :goofy: .

Ain't it the truth.......oh, by the way, since you left with him did he "behave" on the way back or was he "typical" Baileyrock.......................... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

but he followed us all day!

Oh yeah, this was my wife's response to this picture......"you know, ya'll favor a lot.....could pass for kin, if Kevin would buzz his hair or you grew yours back out....same color hair, same color beards, same ears flat against your heads, same hump on top of your noses, same squinty eyes in the sun, same suspicious grins like you've been up to something or gonna' be"........"WHAT"... :squid:.......I've got an appointment for my ear to be pierced, nose ring, and red hair................ :beer:

• Member Contributer
On a different subject.......David (VFR25thAnny) came out of Pucketts and I talked to him before I left.....he was getting ready to leave too I think.....I haven't noticed any posts from him....... :blink: ......If you're out there David, post up...... :thumbsup:

Well skuuter, I'm out here. I've been readin all of the postings and I must say I agree with all of it. The day was GREAT and I had a Great time. I realize that I have a lot of learning to do. In Skuuter's defence I was the slow poke not Skuuter. He was very helpful in every way. Billy Bob aka Bailyrock was a big help in making me feel welcome. I know anyone that can ride that well can get tired of going too slow for a Newbie. Thanks Kevin. And Thanks to all the guys for making me feel welcome and a part of the group. I look forward to riding with all you guys again. Maybe I will be able to keep up!See ya down the road

• Member Contributer
Baileyrock, is there a map of the Holenwall route somewhere on this board?

Hey there Browndog, I don't think a map has been made with these road on it yet!

• Member Contributer
On a different subject.......David (VFR25thAnny) came out of Pucketts and I talked to him before I left.....he was getting ready to leave too I think.....I haven't noticed any posts from him....... :squid: ......If you're out there David, post up...... :thumbsup:

Well skuuter, I'm out here. I've been readin all of the postings and I must say I agree with all of it. The day was GREAT and I had a Great time. I realize that I have a lot of learning to do. In Skuuter's defence I was the slow poke not Skuuter. He was very helpful in every way. Billy Bob aka Bailyrock was a big help in making me feel welcome. I know anyone that can ride that well can get tired of going too slow for a Newbie. Thanks Kevin. And Thanks to all the guys for making me feel welcome and a part of the group. I look forward to riding with all you guys again. Maybe I will be able to keep up!See ya down the road

YOU are part of the group.......it's not a race.....enjoyed meeting you. I had a great day all the way around. Baileyrock will be the first to tell you, I have fun on a motorcycle anytime, anywhere, any pace, with good friends. I actually enjoy bringing up the rear....I can sit back there and do my thing and keep track of everybody......If I feel "racy" in a section, I can drop back, then run back up, don't like a section, I can slow down, come back later.........be happy to ride with you again anytime........ :thumbsup:

Archived