My New Nomar Tire Changer - Review

cozye

• Member Contributer

Ok,

So I've been using the car rim and tire iron method for a year. It works well, but its work and I love to spend money on a nice tool to make the job easier. A couple of weeks ago I picked up the Nomar classic tire changer, as I'm very OCD and don't want to scratch my rims with an HF or other frugal method. This thing works exactly as advertised. It is extremely heave duty, nice strong welds, very high quality. I am very impressed. I did my first tire change with it this weekend and it was SUPER easy. I took a couple of video's of the important parts, no practice runs, first tire change with it ever. I did this so that others might see what you can expect from a "first try" using this setup. It didn't leave a mark on my rims at all. I did watch the nomar video's on their website to pick up tips and instructions. Oh, and my wife is a smart a$$.

Also, if any locals around the Louisville, KY area are interested, I'll change yours for 10 a rim off the bike. I'll balance for another 5 a rim. I'll see if I can't get a few buddies to help me offset the cost of this bad boy. Send me a PM.

nomar006.jpg

Video's below ... :thumbsup:

cool stuff - your wife rivals the commentary of Jay Leno...... j/k!!

HEy - video 3 of 3 - is the same as video 1.

Looks like a great tool. Whats the $ to get one of those with the attachments, and such?

thanks for sharing!

• Member Contributer

Good job, Link to vid 3 goes to vid 1. Incredible action and suspense plus danger. Two thumbs up!

• Member Contributer
Good job, Link to vid 3 goes to vid 1. Incredible action and suspense plus danger. Two thumbs up!

:goofy:

You could have broken a toe wearing flip flops like that. What did you just get in from a ride? :squid: :goofy:

I like how after the antics of part 2, there no longer seems to be a camerawoman in part 3! :rolleyes:

I wish I had a garage! :pissed:

• Member Contributer

Ok, fixed link to video 3. It now shows me mounting a rear tire. Yes, camera woman was fired for video 3 :lol: ,, actually she went shopping and I had to make due.

on the demount of the front, the mount demount bar was lightly touching the rotor, I notced it about 3/4 of the way through. Didn't hurt anything, and I remembered when mounting the tire back on the front rim to hold the bar a little higher.

I got the nomar tire changer, some extra's, the clamps, pretty much everything in the "ultimate packet" from their website, minus the wheel balancer for $697. I already had a wheel balancer, so I didn't need one. The utlimate package is usualy 795 I think with the balancer. Shipping would have been 60 bucks, but a buddy of mine works in St. Louis about once every couple of weeks and picked it up for me so I didn't have to pay shipping. Its a bit pricey, but just the ticket for a spendy OCD type like me. A couple years worth of tire irons and the money becomes less of an issue.

• Member Contributer
Cool, can you pick up and deliver? :goofy:

I have 5 needing done this week! :thumbsup:

Sure, I'll be heading down your way this weekend and could pick them up. Problem is that it might be another couple of months before I head back down to Lawrence County to drop them off, by then you would need 5 more :lol:

Cool, can you pick up and deliver? :goofy:

I have 5 needing done this week! :thumbsup:

Sure, I'll be heading down your way this weekend and could pick them up. Problem is that it might be another couple of months before I head back down to Lawrence County to drop them off, by then you would need 5 more :lol:

Need 5 for net weekend! :thumbsup:

Nice setup. If I wasn't such a cheapskate I would have gone with this instead of the HF changer. After seeing your video, I'm definitely going to get a Nomar bar. And your wife sounds like a keeper too. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
Nice setup. If I wasn't such a cheapskate I would have gone with this instead of the HF changer. After seeing your video, I'm definitely going to get a Nomar bar. And your wife sounds like a keeper too. :thumbsup:

She is a keeper for sure :thumbsup: Great sense of humor and she loves to harrass me on a daily basis :goofy: We have a lot of fun.

• Member Contributer
What is holding the rim from turning? Does it rest on the Rotor on the front? I dig the NewEnough.com Tee

The patented nomar wheel clamps are holding the rim. No, it does not rest on the rotor. There is a video on www.nomartirechanger.com that shows how the wheel lock works titled "wheel lock theory" see if ths Link to the video works

• Member Contributer
Looks good Eric. Will have to come see you when I am ready to replace the OEM Bridgestones with Pilot Powers.

I'm ready :thumbsup:

Archived