Tank Bag Vs Tail Bag

Gears

Looking for either a Tank Bag or a Tail Bag for my 04.

I'm kind of leaning towards a Elite Seat Sak...so does anyone have one?

Any advantages or disadvantages to either kind that I should consider when

making my choice.

Looking for either a Tank Bag or a Tail Bag for my 04.

I'm kind of leaning towards a Elite Seat Sak...so does anyone have one?

Any advantages or disadvantages to either kind that I should consider when

making my choice.

I didnt go with the seat sack because of the cost, went with the cortech sport tail bag, too mount securely you'll need the grab rails on the bike

i carry my aircompressor, rain gear, water bottle in it, its nice to have the little trunk, i didnt like giving up my seat Cowl though

the tail bag was bigger than I thought

th seat sak was my other option of consideration though

I switched from many years with Tank Bags to a Cortech Sport tail bag two years ago and like the change for many reason!

- nothing in the way when rippen twisties like a tank bag.

- don't have to move it to fill the tank!

- looks better

- weight at the rear helps prolong wheelies! :rolleyes:

gallery_301_289_165019.jpg

Nov. 12th 06 ride 003.jpg

I have the Cortech tank bag and love it ...ordering a Cortech Sport tailbag today for my birthday :thumbsup: May add the matching saddles soon :salesman: Excellent product in my opinion!

• Member Contributer

I have a small Nelson Rigg tank bag and an Elite Seat Sak. I use and like them both. If I'm careful with packing I can manage three to four days with what I can stuff in 'em.

Whichever bag you get, you'll become accustomed quickly to enjoying the place to put "things".

I'd start out with the rear "seat sack". Then you can add the tank bag once you stuff your rear bag full. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

I have both. Tank bag is very convenient since I don't have to get off to get into it. Back bag is great for the extra space, but I'm only 5'7", so getting my leg over it isn't easy. Especially now that it's on the cowl. Tank bag has clear top for map, GPS, or other. Very handy. Joe Rocket, about $85 Cdn each. I can go 5 days' trip easy with both.

• Member Contributer

I ride through the week "naked".....short weekends tankbag.....longer trips from home tankbag and tailbag. Factory tank/ tail bags for my Speed Triple zip-n-clip on and really easy to use and remove. Tank bag "flips" up for fueling also...handy, instead of the main aggravation of a tank bag....................... :thumbsup:

Archived