Pilot Power 2ct

Red98V4

• Member Contributer
Next on the menu M3's. Heard they are THE tire.

Nope you have THE tire. PP 2CT has beat everything in every competition and always scores the highest. It just doesn't get any better then what your on, no reason to change. Every sport bike I ever own, especially after lowsiding on Metzlers at a measly 40mph (I will never run them on anything EVER) will ALWAYS be shod with PP, end of story.

They put them on someone's MotoGP bike (forget who) and he ran them for a couple laps and was only 8 seconds slower then his best time ever at that track on a street tire! That is accomplishment.

Many people have run Metzelers and they run just fine. Just like the michelin, you need the right tire for the right conditions. Metzeler M3's have worked marvelously on my VFR (wet and dry) as well as the M1's (except mileage was a little on the low side). I will agree that the Z6 was a llittle loose on the rear end in twisties, but then the Z6 is more like a Pilot Road which has people making the same complaint. I am running both PP's and M3's and I like them both. Point is, dont throw out the baby with the bath water....they all make various type tires for various situations. make sure you have the right tool for the right job. complaining about the screwdriver being a poor hammer doesn't help anyone.....

TC,

What kind of mileage are you seeing on the M3's? If you haven't worn them out yet, what are you predicting?

BTW, what's wrong with using a cresent wrench as a redneck hammer? Works just find for some people I hear. I don't remember the last time I even used a cresent wrench except to throw a wrench in things.... +1.gif

• Member Contributer

Here is a picture of the new DOT race tires from Michelin, hopefully will get a shot of the new sport tire sometime soon.

mvc006fxi5.jpg

i guess iam one of the only ones who think the pp's are ok my front is cupping bad with only 2000 miles on it

Wow, I've run through no less than 12 sets of PP and have never had one cup or wear poorly in any way(other than tread life) front or rear. In fact the front tire holds it's profile better than any other tire I've run in the last 70-80k miles and no other tire last longer in this class than the PP.

They do loose the super easy/fall into corners feel as the front wears though(into or near the wear bars) and a new one instantly remedies that problem. I do spend all my time in the twisties, so I feel the change as it wears. :thumbsup:

Have not tried the 2TC's yet, have no complaints with pushing the crap out of the standard PP to justify the extra cost of the 2tc's. Maybe track use, but I mostly use Pilot Race for that! :thumbsup:

I dunno maybe cupping isn't the right word maybe more like scalloping,but you can really feel it with your hand when you run it over the tire

mild feathering or scallaping is what I developed with the pilot power front also , If it was worse I would call it cupping. But it still worked well even though.

The only thing any road creases the pilot power would try and track them sometimes, I noticed it more after tire was well past half life. I rode the front somewhere over 6 ooo miles

• Member Contributer

I've had my 2CT's on since just before TMAC. I rode freeway up, 600-700 miles of riding around the meet, then rode freeway back, and I ride every day around town, and the set is still looking very good. Mind you, I ride nowhere near as hard as some of the other on here. I can say one thing about these tires for sure, they have given me more confidence while riding than anything else on the bike. I'l definitely be replacing the rear w/ a new 2CT when the old one wears out, but afterwards I might try the newer Perellis just to get a feel for everything on the market.

• Member Contributer
I dunno maybe cupping isn't the right word maybe more like scalloping,but you can really feel it with your hand when you run it over the tire

I think all tires do this to some extent, but I would not consider it a problem until it caused handling issues. I have never had handling issues from the front Powers wearing. However, with Pilot Roads, I would throw away a tire with 50% of the tread left because the bars would oscillate badly when leaned over from the cupping.

Nope you have THE tire. PP 2CT has beat everything in every competition and always scores the highest. It just doesn't get any better then what your on, no reason to change. Every sport bike I ever own, especially after lowsiding on Metzlers at a measly 40mph (I will never run them on anything EVER) will ALWAYS be shod with PP, end of story.

They put them on someone's MotoGP bike (forget who) and he ran them for a couple laps and was only 8 seconds slower then his best time ever at that track on a street tire! That is accomplishment.

Many people have run Metzelers and they run just fine. Just like the michelin, you need the right tire for the right conditions. Metzeler M3's have worked marvelously on my VFR (wet and dry) as well as the M1's (except mileage was a little on the low side). I will agree that the Z6 was a llittle loose on the rear end in twisties, but then the Z6 is more like a Pilot Road which has people making the same complaint. I am running both PP's and M3's and I like them both. Point is, dont throw out the baby with the bath water....they all make various type tires for various situations. make sure you have the right tool for the right job. complaining about the screwdriver being a poor hammer doesn't help anyone.....

TC,

What kind of mileage are you seeing on the M3's? If you haven't worn them out yet, what are you predicting?

BTW, what's wrong with using a cresent wrench as a redneck hammer? Works just find for some people I hear. I don't remember the last time I even used a cresent wrench except to throw a wrench in things.... +1.gif

its not the usin' its the complainen!

not worn out yet...lookin at 4k i think

+1 :thumbsup:

Archived