Texas Vfr Meet October 18th - 21st

dutchinterceptor

• Member Contributer

I was hoping at the last minute I could make it, but I've got some things I need to take care of around the house (honey do's, kids, etc). You guys have a fun get-together and safe ride. Hope to make it next fall.

Take care,

ki-speed (Mark)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
Looks Like I'm in!

Oh my, everyone stay away from Chris. This guy is bad mojo on group rides! :blink:

Oh,...you mean "bad mojo" in a good way... right?

• Member Contributer

Thursday...

Although not totally back together my bike is hopefully up for the trip now that I have found the monkey in the wrench. Since I also have lousy luck, I've recently had a personal issue jump up and slap me in the face. Consequently, I won't be leaving Tyler until around 1pm so I won't be in Kerrville until after 7pm I'm guessing. Make sure the hotel attendant(Whoever is still working there) gives you a room on the outside and on the bottom floor and preferrably close to the same area so we can park our bikes together.

Everybody be safe and I look forward to some good fun!

I can't guarantee cell coverage for Alltel but if you need to contact me for anything: Michael "Dutch" Schroeder (903-245-nineteen eighty two)

Friday's Route Updated...

Total should be somewhere around 275 - 300 miles. I plan for KSU at 9am at the Whitten Inn. Not so technical but with lunch, misc. stops and some photo ops thrown in it should make for a good day's ride.

The two top sight-seeing stops seem to be Stonehenge II and Lonestar Motorcycle Museum so I've marked them on the map. Whether we stop or not will depend on the group's interest. According to Nixx there's a scenic turnout that was the sight of some indian orgy or somesuchthing and I've marked it on the map also.

Lunch is tentatively set for Daisy Dukes Bar & Grill. Yep, the waitresses are supposed to be dressed like Daisy.

2007HillcountryMeet-Friday-1.jpg

Saturday's Route...

The route will be mostly curvy and should be around 300 miles so be prepared for a long day. KSU will be at 8:00am at the Whitten.

Again, we'll play it by ear and decide that day as to where we stop for sightseeing.

Lunch is planned for a place called The Smokehouse BBQ in Camp Wood. There's also a Mexican food place that is supposed to be good. I've never been to either one but keep hearing good things from others.

2007HillcountryMeet-Saturday.jpg

Sunday's Route...

I haven't plotted anything since everybody will be headed towards home but I will head down 16 - 337 to Camp Wood and then up to Rock Springs. I'll work my way back north and east towards Marble Falls and then on to Tyler trying desperately to stay away from anything straight. Depending on time I might even cut back over to Llano and eat at Cooper's BBQ.

• Member Contributer
I'll be leavin the house about 5am on Saturday morning, should be down by 8 am , is that too early for you guys?

8am is when I planned on leaving the Whitten Inn for the day's ride but might wait a minute or two if you're not there. :thumbsup:

I was hoping at the last minute I could make it, but I've got some things I need to take care of around the house (honey do's, kids, etc). You guys have a fun get-together and safe ride. Hope to make it next fall.

Take care,

ki-speed (Mark)

Honeydo's over riding? :blink:

Bummer! See ya next time. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
Looks Like I'm in!

Oh my, everyone stay away from Chris. This guy is bad mojo on group rides! :blink:

If you mean having to go back to the hotel to get a trailer to retrieve your sorry $ss and then when we get there in the middle of a biblical proportions storm but you don't want to leave your new found ozark "friends" (you got a cute mouth) well, then yes, I mean in a good way! +1.gif

• Member Contributer
Looks Like I'm in!

If you mean having to go back to the hotel to get a trailer to retrieve your sorry $ss and then when we get there in the middle of a biblical proportions storm but you don't want to leave your new found ozark "friends" (you got a cute mouth) well, then yes, I mean in a good way! +1.gif

Ask him about flat tires too! :goofy:

• Member Contributer
Friday's Route Updated...

Total should be somewhere around 275 - 300 miles. I plan for KSU at 9am at the Whitten Inn. Not so technical but with lunch, misc. stops and some photo ops thrown in it should make for a good day's ride.

The two top sight-seeing stops seem to be Stonehenge II and Lonestar Motorcycle Museum so I've marked them on the map. Whether we stop or not will depend on the group's interest. According to Nixx there's a scenic turnout that was the sight of some indian orgy or somesuchthing and I've marked it on the map also.

Lunch is tentatively set for Daisy Dukes Bar & Grill. Yep, the waitresses are supposed to be dressed like Daisy.

2007HillcountryMeet-Friday-1.jpg

What is the route circulation (clockwise or counter)? My plans have changed and will be hoping to meet up with ya'll on Friday but now that the route and lunch destination have change dramatically (for me) this will be tougher.

• Member Contributer
What is the route circulation (clockwise or counter)? My plans have changed and will be hoping to meet up with ya'll on Friday but now that the route and lunch destination have change dramatically (for me) this will be tougher.

Sorry Doug,

Wasn't trying to make you work for it! Clockwise.

I'll be leavin the house about 5am on Saturday morning, should be down by 8 am , is that too early for you guys?

8am is when I planned on leaving the Whitten Inn for the day's ride but might wait a minute or two if you're not there. :thumbsup:

Take care,

ki-speed (Mark)

Honeydo's over riding? :rolleyes:

Bummer! See ya next time. :thumbsup:

Dont worry Ya wont have to wait on me>G<

• Member Contributer
Looks Like I'm in!

Oh my, everyone stay away from Chris. This guy is bad mojo on group rides! :rolleyes:

If you mean having to go back to the hotel to get a trailer to retrieve your sorry $ss and then when we get there in the middle of a biblical proportions storm but you don't want to leave your new found ozark "friends" (you got a cute mouth) well, then yes, I mean in a good way! :goofy:

Ask him about flat tires too! :goofy:

Oh Yeah....How about the time Martin And I took one for the team from Officer Derr!

• Member Contributer

Major bummer. Work stuff came up at the last moment and I won't be making this one. Next time there's a meet (even minor), PM me so I can join in!

Looks like fun--hope everyone gets to have a blast!

• Member Contributer
Sorry Doug,

Wasn't trying to make you work for it! Clockwise.

Although you're all ready on the road: I'll try to meet ya'll at Daisy Dukes (don't want to miss THAT!).

• Member Contributer

Man, what a day! I just rolled in a short while ago!

I sure enjoyed meeting up with everyone again and seeing some new faces. Definitely a good weekend!

I'll start a ride report shortly...

Archived