Thank You Cozye!

KanadianKen

I loaded Cozye's PC 3 map into my O2' and today I got to really test it.

All I can say - is WOW!!!!

Smooth power - everywhere, and the VTEC transition - it's pretty much gone. Dude and Hammer both rode my bike in the last couple days - and they too felt that the bike is a changed beast.

Thanks very much for sharing that map, it really is excellent!!!

• Member Contributer

Wow...

Cool. I'm really glad you like it and that I've been able to help some bro's out.

• Member Contributer

Took you long enough. LOL

NEXT: Catless headders, and Jason's map!

No thanks for me for selling you the PCIII and eliminators so darn cheap???

Fixer - is that you? Did your password work today? Strange how it stopped working for that period of time that I referred to you as being banned huh?

I already thanked your sorry a$$ for selling me the PC3 a long time - ago - your memory must be weakening in your old age. And THAT must be why you couldn't log in here - you FORGOT your password.......... wink.gif

Oh yeah - Happy Birthday!! and thanks for the great deal on the PC3~~~!

• 2 years later...

So Cozye, I finally buckled and picked up a PC3 for my 04 VFR. Mods are Two Bros VALE exhaust and 02 elims. After reading this thread several times...I was convinced your map must be the 'shizz'. I loaded your map last night during the install...but due to heavy rain couldn't go test it (that was a killer to say the least). So, I have not had a chance to ride it with the PC3 installed.

My question is this: I noticed your notes in the map say you have Staintunes, 02 elims and K&N filter. Given that I have a diff exhaust....are there any advantages to be had by loading the map off Power Commander's site specifically for the Two Bros setup? Or, b/c we both have 02-05 6th gens as the basis, is your map better b/c you had it dyno tuned and basically, everyone on here seems to love it?

I know...I should go out and test both..but until I can get home and do so...thought I'd ping you all. Thanks in advance!! Cannot wait to get home and ride baby ride.

Jason

So Cozye, I finally buckled and picked up a PC3 for my 04 VFR. Mods are Two Bros VALE exhaust and 02 elims. After reading this thread several times...I was convinced your map must be the 'shizz'. I loaded your map last night during the install...but due to heavy rain couldn't go test it (that was a killer to say the least). So, I have not had a chance to ride it with the PC3 installed.

My question is this: I noticed your notes in the map say you have Staintunes, 02 elims and K&N filter. Given that I have a diff exhaust....are there any advantages to be had by loading the map off Power Commander's site specifically for the Two Bros setup? Or, b/c we both have 02-05 6th gens as the basis, is your map better b/c you had it dyno tuned and basically, everyone on here seems to love it?

I know...I should go out and test both..but until I can get home and do so...thought I'd ping you all. Thanks in advance!! Cannot wait to get home and ride baby ride.

Jason

you will have no issue running coyze's map. you should try both though and see which works for you. from looking at them, coyze seemed to be focused on smoothing out the snatchy issues and vtec transition where the other maps seem less rich and therefore are still snatchy.

oh, and i run his map with no catalytic converter and a gutted pipe and stock filter and it works FABULOUS.

just my 2cents.

The TBR pipes are 4-1-1, not 4-2-2, so tuning will be a bit different, but if you examine Eric's table for his map, you can carry the improvements over to Dynojet's TBR map/table.

Chime in here guys. BMC filter, '98/'99 headers, Staintunes, O2 eliminators, blocked off PAIR valves, de-snorkled, PCIII of course.

Coyze's map or Tinymind's?

The TBR pipes are 4-1-1, not 4-2-2, so tuning will be a bit different, but if you examine Eric's table for his map, you can carry the improvements over to Dynojet's TBR map/table.

Those were my thoughts exactly...the differences in the exhaust. Back to that in a minute....

First, let me give an update and say that I took the bike for a good ride finally. I noticed the difference starting at IDLE! Much smoother. Then, on my way out of my complex, at very low speeds, I noticed that I didn't have to feather the clutch and keep the revs up to keep the bike from falling over at low speed U-turns. Sweet buttah!

The VTEC transition is obviously much smoother and gone is the surging between 4-5k at steady throttle. Definitely feel like this is how the bike was meant to operate. Thanks to all, especially cozye.

SEBSPEED...I'm not exactly sure which areas to correct/change when comparing the two maps. I hate to really trouble anyone with this...but any insight would be appreciated. Worst case scenario...I'v still got the current map which is making me a very happy camper.

Thanks!

without a dyno, its a hit/miss propositition. you keep track of rpm and throttle position when you feel things stall/lag/etc and then you edit the curve at that range. as long as you keep the original, you can always go back if things get worse. normally, the issues occur around throttle being cracked open, the 4-5k range and the vtec transition. all of these were handled fine by coyze on my bike. the only issue i have is overall, my mpg dropped like a rock and i have often wondered if i should adjust the entire curve towards the leaner side and see what happens.

good luck!

• Member Contributer
Tinymind's.

That's what I have loaded now.

+1. You need a lot of fuel for that combo. Tinymind dyno tuned his, it'll be closer than Cozye's.

Tinymind's.

+1. You need a lot of fuel for that combo. Tinymind dyno tuned his, it'll be closer than Cozye's.

I've noticed my VFR is no MPG champ with the Tinymind's map and my set-up. But she sure does wail. And that's what it's all about.

Tinymind's.

I've noticed my VFR is no MPG champ with the Tinymind's map and my set-up. But she sure does wail. And that's what it's all about.

+1, that's what it's all about. I'll do a search for Tinymind's map....if it's not on this site someone holler otherwise I'll find it. Thanks!

Tinymind's.

+1, that's what it's all about. I'll do a search for Tinymind's map....if it's not on this site someone holler otherwise I'll find it. Thanks!

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...s&showcat=1

Keep in mind that Cozye's map was tuned for a 6th gen WITH the cat in place. Tinymind's map was dyno tuned for a 6th gen with CATLESS headers. Big difference!

• Member Contributer

Huh? I thought Cozye's was the shizzle? I've had it on mine with catless headers ever since, well I had catless headers (last year).

Interested in where to download tinymind's map and try it out?

Also, with the long journey ahead to Colorado, wondering if anyone can provide a legitimit 'high fuel efficient' map that I can use for the ride down?

6th gen / remus / K&N / catless headers / PCiii

Might pick up a net book for business and keep a few maps for loading as needed.

Huh? I thought Cozye's was the shizzle? I've had it on mine with catless headers ever since, well I had catless headers (last year).

Also, with the long journey ahead to Colorado, wondering if anyone can provide a legitimit 'high fuel efficient' map that I can use for the ride down?

Might pick up a net book for business and keep a few maps for loading as needed.

I put the link to Tinymind's (and all the rest of the maps) in two posts above your question.

Keep in mind that Cozye's map was tuned for a 6th gen WITH the cat in place. Tinymind's map was dyno tuned for a 6th gen with CATLESS headers. Big difference!

Well that solves that, right? I don't have catless headers. Thanks again.

• Member Contributer

Cozye's map is the shizzle for smooth throttle openings and Vtec transitions. But with catless headers, and an air filter you'll want something a little richer fuel wise.

I wouldn't worry about putting a new map in for the ride down, seems like a lot of work for little gain. I would think that anything super high fuel efficiency will be too lean on your engine.

Archived