Soft Bags?

cruzinaz

• Member Contributer
I've used RKA bags for years with great success; I think they're a little more "buttoned down" looking than some of the options.

This lightly used set might even be for sale along with a matching tankbag....p.m. for more info if you're interested.

gallery_5067_2785_21416.jpg

DSCN8912small.JPG

If I had a red vfr, those would be SOLD, good looking bags.

Have used Cortech (real good bags, medium dollars)...Nelson Rigg (best for the lower dollar)...GIVI (best I've ever used, but pricey)...IMO............. :thumbsup:

Skuuter, do the Cortech work on the 6th Gen?

• Member Contributer
Have used Cortech (real good bags, medium dollars)...Nelson Rigg (best for the lower dollar)...GIVI (best I've ever used, but pricey)...IMO............. :thumbsup:

Skuuter, do the Cortech work on the 6th Gen?

Yes....I had no probs with them against the heat shields.....since you have the tailbag already, they're super easy to mount...... :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
Got a set of cortechs to see how they fit on my bike from a buddy, strap on the front of the bag, no problem, but where do you guys secure the rear strap? I was thinking extend it and tie it off on the rear peg mount? I assume all the bags are made about the same when it comes to mounting, or are they? btw, thanx for all the info, I thought this was gonna be an easy decision! :pissed:

I don't have a rear fender on it, and really don't want to put it back on, kinda fugly looking to me.

Rear strap? I know this may not work for you but....................I got these from Aerostich and they work great for the rear straps for the Cortech bags.

med_gallery_2144_2760_118233.jpg

med_gallery_2144_2341_894306.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

These are the Cortech Sport Saddle and tail bags. The tail bag has 2" expansion on both sides for more room. I couldn't pacl a weeks worth of stuff. I do pack rain suit, 2 changes of clothes and other necessary items with room to spare.

yljyh0.jpg

Motopak> I use their GTS90 with the GT35L tankbag. I can't give any negative comments, oh wait yeah their not hardbags and you cannot lock them. I'd highly recommend thier stuff. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to do the Laughlin river run this year on the vfr, :thumbsup: have a tank bag but was thinking a bit more space would be a good thing. A buddy has cortech bags, only used them once but he didn't have any problems with them, I know the bags of choice for most here are the hard bags, but, I really don't want to make that investment, besides the vtx has all the junk on it if I need to haul a female that needs to take everything she owns. :blink: (woops,may get flamed for that) :rolleyes:

Anyway, any opinions?, experiences, with soft bags??

Just picked a set myself, my girlfriend was comfortable with them on the bike, well thought out bags I recomend them. I may just sell though and get hard bgs so feel free to email me if interested.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

My Nelson-Rigg bags work great. Used along with the NR tailbag, I can pack a week's worth of stuff...and they've been windtunnel tested to @ 135 with no movement. :thumbsup:

large.jpg

Hey KWB,

Is that a high mount? My 98 has a high mount carbon fiber Two Brothers. I've been doing a ton of research for what kind of saddlebags I can put on my bike, but my high mount discourages me from doing anthing that dangles too low. even though my carbon fiber doesnt heat up nearly as much as the metal ones...

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I don't have the pics anymore, but I fabbed a bracket out of flat aluminum stock from Lowe's that I bent in my bench vise and bolted together that I installed using the Staintune's mounting points. Worked great and cost me about $5 to make. I never had any heat related problems with the stainless, and now after experiencing my first set of CF cans (on the Duc...after an all day ride, I can fully palm them with an ungloved hand) I can't imagine having any problems with heat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

My Wolfman brand tank and saddle bags have been all over the country and I've never had a complaint + they are made right here in COLORADO! The trunk is a JC Whitney large trunk mounted on a Ventura rack. That has also been every where with no complaints. I'll even toss in an AZ pic for you, cruzinaz!

Birth place of Route 66

Archived