Ideas To Pimp My Ride

Guest Delusi0n

Guest Delusi0n

Hi, I'm a fellow VFR ride and had been thru thick and thin with my baby for almost 2 years. As it is easily an offence to do any mod on the bike, here in Singapore we are restricted to oni body and paintwork design. I had recently sprayed my 04' to matte black, and tinted the headlights as seen from the pics below. would like to haf some suggestions on how to further spice up the outlook with decals~

med_gallery_10359_2487_117982.jpg

med_gallery_10359_2487_281458.jpg

med_gallery_10359_2487_60571.jpg

• Member Contributer

If you don't carry pillions much, I'd start with pulling the grab rails and the peg hangers. It really cleans up the lines of the bike. Not sure if you have fender limit laws, but a plate relocation kit will compliment the above mods well.

• Member Contributer

IMHO, lose the stripe, paint the side covers silver, go a silver and charcoal ghosted Honda wing, from tapeworks. .02

i agree with dropping the stripe. add some honda wing/vfr stickers in black.

also, may want to consider changing the orange signal light covers to 06 smoke/clear covers.

Paint it RC45 colors.

well, the 'problem' is... in singapore, there are plenty of rvf400 nc35 running around still. and they have a similar paintwork as the rc45. so painting it the rc45 colours may not be that unique or exciting i guess.

personally, i guess it depends on what kind of design/or mood you like the bike to be. personally, i would prefer a black on black or some kind of dark, brooding image to complement the matt black paint work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
Did some one say "Pimp"?

Here is a line drawing of a V-tec Viffer, copy, paste and print. Color it up with your choice of graphics and I'll hook you up.

800fivfr02yt2.jpg

Got one of these for a 5th gen?

Did some one say "Pimp"?

Here is a line drawing of a V-tec Viffer, copy, paste and print. Color it up with your choice of graphics and I'll hook you up.

800fivfr02yt2.jpg

I do but it's on the computer at the shop. Will be posted Monday. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

I created a stencil for mine when I was having it painted. The wings are now airbrushed on, under the clearcoat.

Seamless.

More than happy to provide to anyone who may want it. Simply take to any sign co. and have them laser it out on

low tack mask.

I also did a 'VFR' on the rear seat fairing. Airbrushed again, I was pretty happy with the results.

Can post pic's or visit my album.

Cheers,

didit

You could by pass having a stencil made altogether and use the template I posted along with a projecter. Line you design up to your bike while on the center stand and brake out a grease pencil to trace the lines projected on the bike, then follow it up with the masking tape. :thumbsup:

Ta' daaaa:

800fivfr9800templatezq0.jpg

If I don't ask I won't receive.....got a 4th Gen bike too?

C'ming up. I'll have to digitize it so hopefully I can have it done before the end of the week. I'm already a day behind. <_<

Archived