New Michelin Pilot Power 2ct

Avid One

• Member Contributer
hmmm... sounds interesting.

So I assume they last longer, being a denser compound in the middle of the tyre? Doesn't waste precious soft rubber on boring straight freewayriding and commuting...

Is it enough to justify the extra price though??

I think they are the same in the middle as current Powers, but softer on the outside.

• Member Contributer
Shhhh....it's a secret....(well..sort of..)

Available here: http://www.ridenowonline.com/product_detai...=michelin_tires

Just ordered mine, will let you know when they arrive.

Can I mount these myself?

Where should I take them to get balanced?

-DizzyDave

• 3 months later...

Nice little test here...

I've watched this three times now...Does the comentator mean Colin was only 8 seconds slower over 5 laps than his best time on this track with competition tires (tyres)? If that's true...wow. Or does he mean Colin was 8 seconds slower on his fastest single lap; which is not so impressive.

I think I'm going to watch it again; I may have a sickness.

• Member Contributer

The Pilot Power 2CT has been around for close to a year in Europe so it isn't really new, but it's only become available recently at a few places in the U.S. Kinda annoying, eh?

Michelin is introducing a new Pilot Road 2CT which will have something like the Pilot Road center compound and Pilot Power side compound along with Pilot Power profile. This was brought to my attention by another member's post a few days ago. I have a feeling it will only be available in Europe for a while like the PP's were.

I have a feeling it will only be available in Europe for a while like the PP's were.

I bought a set online last October so they are available now. I just wanted to share the video. They do work nicely though.

I'm sorry I meant the Pilot Power 2CT is available now not the Pilot Road 2CT. I hope the Pilot Road 2CT is a little cheaper than the Powers.

Michelin is introducing a new Pilot Road 2CT which will have something like the Pilot Road center compound and Pilot Power side compound along with Pilot Power profile. This was brought to my attention by another member's post a few days ago. I have a feeling it will only be available in Europe for a while like the PP's were.

The Pilot Road 2, which has the 2CT technology of the PP is available here in EU. It costs a bit more than regular PRs.

Here is a preview of what the PilotRoad 2 looks like:

imgacb9336bzikezj.jpeg

Nice little test here...

I mean, I'm not Colin Edwards and my VFR is no GP bike, but I would've endorsed the 2CT's in the same manner after my track experience with them. Same grip and feel as the PR2 and Power Race Med/Soft I used before that. I low-sided that weekend, but I don't think it was the tires' fault. Now, seeing this video, I don't think I can blame the tires anymore... :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
Pilot Road CT2's would peak my interest.

Likewise or these.........

BT021 Radial

Sport Touring & Cruiser Radials

NEW ! Battlax BT-021 Sport Touring Replacement Radials

• New Sport Touring Radial designed for touring oriented riders wanting serious performance and high mileage

• “Luxury Feel†combines advantages of both sport tire and touring tire to provide luxury and good feedback during aggressive riding

• New front and rear pattern designed to provide good shock absorption with less vibration and noise to minimize fatigue on longer rides

• Rear tire is Dual Tread Compound with Cap Base Construction providing mileage from center compound and grip from shoulder compound

• Compares to the Dunlop D220, Michelin Pilot Road, Pirelli Diablo Strada, Metzeler Z6 Roadtec

Which one of my buds just put on his 00 VFR

Michelin is launching a new tire designed for Roadster (BMW R1200R, Ducati Monster, Honda Hornet, Yamaha FZ1…) and Sport-GT motorcycles (BMW R1200 ST, Honda VFR 800, Yamaha FJR 1300…).

The new tire called Michelin Pilot Road 2 is being launched on a growth market that has showed a 115% increase since 1998.

Various tests* have been realized this year by an independent testing center (CERM) and confirmed that this new tire provides enhanced longevity and grip on wet surfaces compared to its main competitors. Like Power Race and Pilot Power 2CT tires, the Michelin Pilot Road 2 uses the dual rubber technology developed as a result of involvement with MotoGP motor racing, and which means that a soft rubber compound is used on tire shoulders for improved grip and safety, together with a hard rubber compound in the center for greater durability.

Michelin Pilot Road 2 will be on the market as of January 2007 in Australia, Brazil, Japan and Europe (except Germany), and as of May 2007 in Germany and September 2007 in the United States.

Best grip on wet surfaces**, confirmed by an independent testing center*

1st Michelin Pilot Road 2

2nd Pirelli Diablo Strada

3rd Metzeler Roadtec Z6

4th Continental Road Attack

5th Dunlop D220 ST

6th Bridgestone BT-021

7th Bridgestone BT-020

Greatest longevity**, confirmed by an independent testing center*

1st Michelin Pilot Road 2

2nd Bridgestone BT-020

2nd Dunlop D220 ST

4th Pirelli Diablo Strada

5th Bridgestone BT-021

5th Metzeler Roadtec Z6

5th Continental Road Attack

* Tests carried out in 2006 by CERM (Centre d’Essais Routiers Mécaniques) with Michelin Pilot Road 2 tires and its 6 main competitors in the same category, 120/70 ZR 17 and 180/55 ZR 17 sizes.

** Compared to its 6 main competitors in the same category.

The sidewalls of the PR2 front tire will be softer than that of the rear.

Guest jonnnmike

Hey guys and gals. new guy here with not much time as uncle sam still has me .

now my question. - I dont ride hard or lean my bike way over to one side . I love doing long distance riding on my vfr .

WHAT IS A GOOD OR BEST TIRE FOR ME ????

ALSO WHAT IS THE POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE OF USING A 190/50/17 VS. 180/55/17 ?? THANX YALL

Guest 767fixer
Hey guys and gals. new guy here with not much time as uncle sam still has me .

now my question. - I dont ride hard or lean my bike way over to one side . I love doing long distance riding on my vfr .

WHAT IS A GOOD OR BEST TIRE FOR ME ????

ALSO WHAT IS THE POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE OF USING A 190/50/17 VS. 180/55/17 ?? THANX YALL

Pirelli diablo stradas. great grip and a long wearing compound for commuters!

there will be no real benefit of trying to squeeze on a 190....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived