Half-cover For The Bike

DarrenC

• Member Contributer

I'm looking for something to cover the VFR while it's parked in the lot at work. It bakes in the sun otherwise. I've seen some of those covers that kind of cover just the top of the bike, kind of a half-cover, but I have no idea what they're actually called or where to get one.

Do any of you guys have/use one?

Thanks!

Not sure what you'd call them, but I have one. Made by GezaGear (http://www.gezagear.com/) and I'm very pleased with it. It comes with a small stuff bag to store it... about 4 inches in diameter and 6 inches long.

edg.

edit - Gues I should say that I'm -VERY- pleased with my cover. It's a Pro-Series (about $175). I've owned it for two years, had it on my 600RR and now use it on my VFR. Luckily it fits the VFR well enough to cover the important parts of the bike. What I especially like about it is that I can tow the bike with the cover on it (tow rated to 100mph).

Not sure what you'd call them, but I have one. Made by GezaGear (http://www.gezagear.com/) and I'm very pleased with it. It comes with a small stuff bag to store it... about 4 inches in diameter and 6 inches long.

edg.

What size do you have on your bike? Large I assume? Fit well? whats your impression. I like the idea of it stretching so it won't blow off, but curious on how much stretching it takes to actually get it on? Thanks.

Jason

What size do you have on your bike? Large I assume? Fit well? whats your impression. I like the idea of it stretching so it won't blow off, but curious on how much stretching it takes to actually get it on? Thanks.

Jason

Well, I actually have a small as I had it on my 600RR first... but really, for a VFR, I would recommend the medium as you would get better coverage. I've towed with the cover on and hit speeds up to 95mph without the cover blowing off or even looking like it might blow off. The stuff stretches amazingly well and keeps it's elasticity very well. Easy to put on the bike and remove. The thing fits like a glove. If this one ever wears out (had it for two years and still looks brand new) I'll definitely purchase another one.

• Member Contributer

It does sound nice, but the $$$ is a lot more than I wanted to spend. I was hoping for something in the $50-$75 range.

EDIT: I just snooped around their website a bit and saw a Sport-Light version for $75, but you can't tow with it or use it outdoors.

• Member Contributer

Found one...

I should have known to look on New Enough first, but I forgot about their new hard parts division...

They have this Nelson Rigg UV 2000 cover that fits the bill perfectly for the low, low price of $31...

• Member Contributer

I have a UV-2000 cover that I bought before getting the Geza...only used it once (honest). PM me if interested...

• Member Contributer

I also have the Nelson-Rigg and really like it. It folds up into its included fanny pack, and is very easy to put on and off -- more so than a regular cover.

Steve

Found one...

I should have known to look on New Enough first, but I forgot about their new hard parts division...

They have this Nelson Rigg UV 2000 cover that fits the bill perfectly for the low, low price of $31...

Great, but does it work with the hard bags in place?

• Member Contributer
I have a UV-2000 cover that I bought before getting the Geza...only used it once (honest). PM me if interested...

Nuts...a buddy and I here at work just ordered a pair from NE. I wish I'd have checked VFRd again....

Archived