FREE PIRELLI FRONT TIRE

tbzep

Guest Wingspan
Question:  While I am filling out the form on the Pirelli web site the section says "Select the tire model purchased"  and I have 4 radio button choices.

Three are 180 and one is 190.  What gives?  I know my rear tire is a 180 but why are there three 180's. 

And how do they know which front tire size to send me?  Is it based on these three 180 choices?  I wonder if my browser is messed up?

Also did anyone order the rear tire from SW Moto?  If so what did you enter for a phone number?

Sorry for the many questions....TIA

Tony

It's not just you. The offer is for 160-190 rears, so when I filled out the form I picked the one that corresponded with what it should be. In other words, since I bought a 170 rear, I chose the second button of the 4. When I was finished with the form, it showed a 170 as the tire I bought which confirmed my logic.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just looked mine up and they have it going to Otterbein, Indiana. Just a few miles from middle Tennessee. I guess whom ever is updating the info mixed up the tracking numbers and claim numbers. We shall see on Monday.

I bet that is my tire. I'm in Otterbein. Looked at my tracking again and it says it is going to York, PA. Go Steelers.

As long as it shows up I'm happy. Does it give a delivery date?

I bet that is my tire.  I'm in Otterbein.  Looked at my tracking again and it says it is going to York, PA.  Go Steelers. 

As long as it shows up I'm happy. Does it give a delivery date?

Well here is your tracking number 1Z8V31690323004287

Anyone got one going to Columbia, TN :unsure:

• Member Contributer
Thanks TBZep!!

I did use their fax number...

Where did you find that this is the only tire size they are giving away?  I couldn't find it anywhere...

It's on the main page, and up at the top of the page that has the counter on it right under the big yellow "Strada Offer".

It's on the main page, and up at the top of the page that has the counter on it right under the big yellow "Strada Offer".

Man that is too funny!! I read all the fine print of this and I couldn't find where it said what size tire they are giving away. There it is on the top of the banner...go figure.

Oh well...now I know how to send a tire back if it fails under warranty.

Thanks again TBZep!

Tony

• Member Contributer

You're welcome!

BTW, my tire is destined for Sterling Heights, MI. Any VFRD members from up there?

I believe Pirelli got everybody's tracking numbers mixed up, so we should all still get our tires.

• Member Contributer

I just got my free tire a few minutes ago. :D

It has the wrong phone number on it. Since I got an incorrect tracking number also, I imagine the phone number goes with the owner in Michigan who's tracking number they gave me. :warranty:

• Member Contributer

Thanks for putting this info out! Timing is perfect as my Pilot Roads are shot.

I went by my dealer yesterday morning and picked up the rear. Rushed back to the office and did the online registration with only 103 tires left. Checked it this morning and it's down to 85. Luckily, Rome, GA is only a two hour drive from here so they'll get my paperwork in today's mail.

Again, many thanks!!!! :thumbsup:

Well they applied the $25 shipping charge to my Visa so I'm assuming I am getting one. I was a little worried because my buddy put my company name on the receipt instead of my name and I though they might kick it out for that reason. I'm hoping this is a good sign.! :unsure:

Guest Wingspan

My free front was delivered a few days ago and I mounted the set this morning. Man, what a difference! I love new tires. The old tires were shot.

After I mounted the Pirelli's, all I had left to do was haul the old tires to the dump... wink.gif

VFR%20004_1.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

• Member Contributer

My "FREE" Pirelli front tire was at my door this afternoon! Had the rear mounted last week & rode it this weekend. It felt really good & much stickier than the factory dunlacraps.... :P

Looks like I have about 1-2K left on the original front.....trying to decide if I want to change it now & keep the old one for a spare....<sigh>

mAn I like a rebate deal that works. Only took a few weeks! Good job Pirelli!

Well they applied the $25 shipping charge to my Visa so I'm assuming I am getting one. I was a little worried because my buddy put my company name on the receipt instead of my name and I though they might kick it out for that reason. I'm hoping this is a good sign.! :beer:

Well when I checked the Metzeler web site for my confirmation, it said No good, Start over, but my papaer work says congratulation's your #681 or something ???

:pissed:

maybe you should check the pirelli website instead?

:blink: duh ! That makes a big difference doesn't it ! :unsure:

Results when checking the right site !

Claim Number: 0681

Current Claim Status: Shipped -- The actual ship date of your free tire was Mar 28, 2006.

Your UPS tracking number is 1Z8V31690323009433

Thanks kids, I feel much better, but not smarter ! :goofy:

Promo is over. I have the tracking # for my free one, though. I also just got a reply email from Pirelli about questions I had regarding this promotion a number of weeks ago. I am glad I did not wait for their response to do this deal! Spring is here! YES!!

Promo is over.  I have the tracking # for my free one, though.  I also just got a reply email from Pirelli about questions I had regarding this promotion a number of weeks ago.  I am glad I did not wait for their response to do this deal!  Spring is here!  YES!!

Yup. I snagged the last tire. I'm number #1000! :D

:huh:  duh ! That makes a big difference doesn't it ! +1.gif

Results when checking the right site !

Claim Number:  0681 

Current Claim Status:  Shipped -- The actual ship date of your free tire was Mar 28, 2006.

Your UPS tracking number is 1Z8V31690323009433 

Thanks kids, I feel much better, but not smarter ! :goofy:

Got my tire today !

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

I have bought several tires from them. They have great customer service. Fast delivery. Called on a Monday & tire was here on a Friday! Highly recommend them!

Unfortunately the Pirelli free front deal is over. sad.gif

Archived