FREE PIRELLI FRONT TIRE

tbzep

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
Does anyone can inform me please whether tires unlimited is a valid place to buy the rear tire? Looks like their price beats down every other I have found on the internet!

Parts Unlimited is the importer for Pirelli/Metzeler, so all the first tier sellers will be valid dealers because they all have to get them from Parts Unlimited. It's the second tier sellers that buy from SW Moto, AMT, etc. that aren't valid P.U. dealers. Call Tires Unlimited and ask them to make sure.

• Member Contributer
It doesn't matter where you buy.  I got mine from buymoto.com for $115.

Yes it does. If the seller buys his stock from a reseller, he isn't a Parts Unlimited distributor. If he gets his stock directly from Parts Unlimited, he's good to go. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

thnks for the info guys! :thumbsup:

I just called Tires unlimited, they are aware of the offer and they have just received fresh rear Diablos.I think I am gonna go with them.

• Member Contributer

I just ordered mine. 503 left! Thanks for the info. I am close to needing a set! We'll see how they work out!

Question for all you VFR riders: which tire do you wear out most often, front or rear? At about what ratio do you think it is, or do you find you re-tire sets together?

I know w/ my shaft drive bikes (4 Goldwings across 28 years), it has always been 2 to 1 ratio for rear to front, which is what I have experienced on most shaft bikes, whether riding hard on them (about 11 years riding part time as a LEO motorscout) or just plain riding (touring & sport touring- yes, you can on a Wing- its the style of riding, not the bike).

That's an excellent question! I am one of only two people I know who wear out their tires at a ratio of two fronts to one rear. I don't know why, but my turn in style appears to be much different than most. My friends all seem to lean in smooth, while they say I have two basic riding positions, straight up and leaned. They say it's funny to watch, cause I'm straight up and down then instantly flop over. I guess this would be a fairly good explanation for the odd tire wear! So far this has been on my f4i, while my friend did the nearly the same on his 00 vfr. He just got his new rc51 to replace the damaged vfr, so we'll see if he does the same.

Just an FYI, there is no end date for this offer, it goes until the 1000 are claimed. The dates people are saying it ends is the date THEY have to have their paperwork back to Pirelli, as you have 14 days from the date you fill out the online form to do so. There were just over 400 when I was on there so get your claim in soon.

• Member Contributer

I sent my paperwork in a week ago, but my email/user is "not found" when I try to check status on the website even though I'm 100% sure I created a user account. Pirelli has not responded to my email inquiry - not pleased at the moment.... :pissed:

Guest Wingspan

I bought my rear tire and mailed my paperwork in on 3/8. Pirelli's site showed they confirmed my purchase on 3/13, and they charged my card the $25 today- 3/14. It says I'll get an email with tracking info when the tire ships.

Guest greene222
I bought my rear tire and mailed my paperwork in on 3/8.  Pirelli's site showed they confirmed my purchase on 3/13, and they charged my card the $25 today- 3/14.  It says I'll get an email with tracking info when the tire ships.

Same here. :thumbsup:

Vandy: You would have had to set up an account to have the form to send in, right? Maybe your using the wrong password or something?

I bought my rear tire and mailed my paperwork in on 3/8.  Pirelli's site showed they confirmed my purchase on 3/13, and they charged my card the $25 today- 3/14.  It says I'll get an email with tracking info when the tire ships.

Same story here. Validated last Wed, showed on my account yesterday. Hope to get a tracking number soon. Figure if they charged me, they are shipping. If so, all and all this rebate was lightning fast compared to most I've dealt with.

• Member Contributer

I screwed up - somehow mis-typed my email address in - I'm a little AR, so I usually triple check things - don't know how I could have let that happen. Luckily, today I decided to check status again and tried some misspelled versions of my email....sure enough - they charged my card, etc......

I need one of those "I'm with Stupid" t-shirts with the arrow pointing up, LOL.

Just did the email processing today and there were less than 300 tires left.

Picked up a rear Strada and a set of Pilot Powers from my local guy for $350 ! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

My tire was shipped Thursday according to UPS tracking. The Pirelli status page says it was shipped Friday. I didn't get an email from them.

Claim Number:  0131 

Current Claim Status:  Shipped -- The actual ship date of your free tire was Mar 17, 2006.

Unfortunately, UPS has no sense of direction. I'm in West Tennessee and the tire was shipped from Georgia to Ohio. There's a major UPS hub in Nashville, so there's no excuse for routing it that way. :unsure:

Location Date Local Time Activity

MAUMEE, OH, US.......... 03/18/2006 12:46 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

MAUMEE, OH, US.......... 03/17/2006 7:07 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

KNOXVILLE, TN, US...... 03/17/2006 9:38 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

.................................... 03/17/2006 8:24 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

FOREST PARK, GA, US.. 03/16/2006 11:59 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

.................................... 03/16/2006 9:11 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

.....................................03/16/2006 7:44 P.M. FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY

US ................................03/16/2006 5:12 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 03/18/2006 9:31 A.M. Eastern Time (USA)

I just looked mine up and they have it going to Otterbein, Indiana. Just a few miles from middle Tennessee. I guess whom ever is updating the info mixed up the tracking numbers and claim numbers. We shall see on Monday.

• Member Contributer

I finally got an email friday saying my tire shipped 3-17. When I got home there was a tire at the front door. I wonder whose it is?

:unsure:

Question: While I am filling out the form on the Pirelli web site the section says "Select the tire model purchased" and I have 4 radio button choices.

Three are 180 and one is 190. What gives? I know my rear tire is a 180 but why are there three 180's.

And how do they know which front tire size to send me? Is it based on these three 180 choices? I wonder if my browser is messed up?

Also did anyone order the rear tire from SW Moto? If so what did you enter for a phone number?

Sorry for the many questions....TIA

Tony

• Member Contributer
Question:  While I am filling out the form on the Pirelli web site the section says "Select the tire model purchased"  and I have 4 radio button choices.

Three are 180 and one is 190.  What gives?  I know my rear tire is a 180 but why are there three 180's. 

And how do they know which front tire size to send me?  Is it based on these three 180 choices?  I wonder if my browser is messed up?

Also did anyone order the rear tire from SW Moto?  If so what did you enter for a phone number?

Sorry for the many questions....TIA

Tony

It doesn't matter which button you choose cause it's all fucked up. They are only giving away the 120/70 - 17 tire, so there is no choice for front tires. Everybody will get the same thing.

Use their fax number. They don't take phone calls anymore.

It doesn't matter which button you choose cause it's all fucked up.? They are only giving away the 120/70 - 17 tire, so there is no choice for front tires.? Everybody will get the same thing.?

Use their fax number.? They don't take phone calls anymore.

Thanks TBZep!!

I did use their fax number...

Where did you find that this is the only tire size they are giving away? I couldn't find it anywhere...

Thanks,

Tony

Archived