VFRD lives on!

• Member Contributer

It is great to see people stepping up and refilling the operational coffers of VFRD.  I guess everyone just needs to be reminded every once in a while. 

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Miguel, we all have our own, often busy lives to lead. Dropping some $ into VFRD every year is not necessarily at the front of our minds when we look in (daily for some of us) and it takes something to make us remember/realise that lots goes on behind the scenes and this place does not run itself for free so PLEASE, do not feel bad about reminding us all that you need a small contribution from each of us. The wealth of knowledge on here is immense, the greatest repository of knowledge on the Honda VFR in the world so we should all be happy to contribute voluntarily.

Thanks for all you do to keep this place running. So many of us owe you a beer or 2 on top of our small contributions! Cheers. :beer:

• Like 3

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, HispanicSlammer said:

It's been very unexpected, the outpouring of support.  I missjudged it. 

Hi

Kinda of an idea.... Break the budget into quarters... say this 1st quarter is $500..that would seen to be a more attainable number over the annual number. 

Then once a quarter.. .send out a call out thread to fill up the budget for the quarter. I would be happy to kick in quarterly to get to fill out the budget for that quarter. 

Another idea, youll probably barf on this one, knowing your history, but add a sponsor tab, where you sell squares to paid sponsors. We would access only by clicking the tab. 

Its definately more work, but you could get some bucks out of it, and we would get discounts from the sponsors. Of course there is always the possiblity of a legal entanglement, with a sponsor not delivering as they should...... just brainstorming... 

Lastly if you decide to chuck it, as with last time, a group of us are fine to take it on if want to pass the torch. 

Very best wishes

• Like 3

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, HispanicSlammer said:

It's been very unexpected, the outpouring of support.  I missjudged it. 

I don't post that often these days. Life & stuff other than my 2 now officially vintage 5th gens which I love dearly, and will never part with. Best bikes Honda ever made IMHO, and this place is an invaluable resource for people like me who drank the V4 cool aid. It would be a shame if it were to disappear. Happy to kick in some cash to keep the lights on.

• Like 3