3rd bike - 1st VFR

IMG_2332.thumb.jpeg.1b06c7f2994525ac038c9bc85b133910.jpegIMG_2333.thumb.jpeg.ae108c0c00d3af1cdf4e85dbf5b54dcd.jpeg
As a 19 year old in 1992 I fell in love with a new VFR in the dealership showroom. The dream was to buy one and ride across Canada. Not a care in the world! (No money either so it didn’t happen) 30 years later I finally bought my VFR. Super low kilometer 2006. 100% stock. It’s going  to stay that way with the exception of a tidy tail. I’ll be looking for a set of pannier mounts as well. 

C’mon spring!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

Congratulations Hammy, your dream has come true at last.

A very nice looking 6gen. If it's been well cared for it should serve you very well. You can download the Service Manual from this site so you can get to know your bike more intimately. Hope it brings you many miles of riding joy. Find out what servicing has been done, to assess what might need doing in the short term. Regular brake/clutch fluid flush every year or two is very important and so often neglected.

Just wondering - Does the Canadian version have H.I.S.S.(Honda Ignition Security System)? If it does hopefully you'll get the two original transponder Ignition keys, if it does and you only get one key, then get a second cut and programmed ASAP.

Cheers:fing02:

• Member Contributer

Excellent choice sir!

Welcome to VFRD from the other side of the Atlantic.

Congratulations on that beautiful 6th gen. and welcome to the forum!  🙂

My VFR was my 2nd motorcycle, and I'm just on my 3rd now.  I started riding in March 2006, and spotted my first VFR (a silver 6th gen.) in a shop a couple months later.  It was love at first sight.  A few months later I bought one from a private seller and rode it for the next 14 years!

• Member Contributer

Congrats.  Have a great Spring and Summer.

The Snow Blower is just glad to have another Honda to talk to at night.

9 hours ago, Grum said:

Congratulations Hammy, your dream has come true at last.

A very nice looking 6gen. If it's been well cared for it should serve you very well. You can download the Service Manual from this site so you can get to know your bike more intimately. Hope it brings you many miles of riding joy. Find out what servicing has been done, to assess what might need doing in the short term. Regular brake/clutch fluid flush every year or two is very important and so often neglected.

Just wondering - Does the Canadian version have H.I.S.S.(Honda Ignition Security System)? If it does hopefully you'll get the two original transponder Ignition keys, if it does and you only get one key, then get a second cut and programmed ASAP.

Cheers:fing02:

No idea on the security yet. I did get the 2 Honda keys, tool pouch and manual. The previous owner did just change the coolant, brake fluid and both tires (originals were dry rotted). This one has less than 7000 original kms (4200 miles) on it. Should last me many years!