WorldSBK App

• Member Contributer

I subscribed to the SBK Video Pass (for the first time ever) this morning at a cost of €69.90. I downloaded the app to my iPad, tried to download it on my Sony Bravia TV but it isn’t showing up when I search the App Store on the TV. On my (old) computer I get a “not available for this device “ message.

The main problem is on my iPad I am still unable to watch the practice sessions from today. The app is free so what did I actually pay for. I have had no issues on previous years with the Moto GP Video Pass. What if anything am I missing? Thanks for any enlightenment you can shed on this issue.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Philois1984 said:

I subscribed to the SBK Video Pass (for the first time ever) this morning at a cost of €69.90. I downloaded the app to my iPad, tried to download it on my Sony Bravia TV but it isn’t showing up when I search the App Store on the TV. On my (old) computer I get a “not available for this device “ message.

The main problem is on my iPad I am still unable to watch the practice sessions from today. The app is free so what did I actually pay for. I have had no issues on previous years with the Moto GP Video Pass. What if anything am I missing? Thanks for any enlightenment you can shed on this issue.

Hi Phil.

Don't know if this helps, but have you made sure you meet the minimum requirements as per attached. Your old computer and Sony TV might not meet minimum specs.

I had a situation just recently trying to load a Qantas app on my old android Samsung S7 phone, the app was nowhere to be found in the Play Store. Reason being my old S7 was not compatible with the Qantas app, so it wasn't viewable. No problems finding the app and loading it on my fairly new Samsung tablet.

Screenshot_20240223_202553_Chrome.jpg

• Member Contributer

Hi Grum,

My computer undoubtedly doesn’t meet the requirements. However my TV is only six months old and certainly does, it supports the MotoGP and Kayo ect without any problems.

What I don’t understand is why I couldn’t watch today’s practice on my iPad or find the app when searching the App Store on the TV, it brings up the MotoGP app and the F1 app but not SBK.

I looked on a couple of other forums and it seems to be a common issue, opinion seems to be that it is a terrible app.

Thanks for the suggestions though Grum.

• Member Contributer

1-You're on an iPad. Sorry...I couldnt' resist. 

b-Know that even though MotoGP and WSBK have the same parents...the logins are different. And if you log in on one, it'll log you out of the other. At least that is how mine has worked for a while now, and it sucks. 

iii-The apps for both of them suck big time. I highly recommend just using the websites. They are much easier to navigate and offer a lot more info, including life timing on WSBK, for free (pay on MotoGP). 

• Member Contributer

Thanks guys, I logged out of MotoGP and logged in to the web site and sure enough it allowed me access. Still no go on the app though, not sure what the purpose of the app is? Still can’t find the app on my smart TV though🤯

• Member Contributer

The WSBK app is completely useless, filled with bugs, and crashes constantly. Even if it worked, there isn't much on it. It has been like that for many years. I don't understand why they don't fix it. I've written to them tons of times. 

The GP app is better, but still nearly useless compared to the website (which is also gone to crap the last few years with giant pictures creating endless scrolling, but sharing very little actual info without a LOT of clicking around...something that used to be taboo in design). 

I'm not sure if either is on Start TV apps. My new Roku Ultra came today. I'll poke around once I have the courage to set aside a week for "quick setup!" 

Let us know if you find anything!

A few hints:

To nav WSBK easily, you may want to choose the "news" link. You'll still get a site designed by kids w/1/30th of the data you want without scrolling...but you'll get news. 

If you select videos, they've "helped" again and separated them by their topic choices (not user/your filtering choices). Good luck. I hate it. You can see highlights "easily."

My favorite is to select Calendar, then Round, then Schedule. From there a normal human can look at any given day, then any given event (race/practice/etc.) for any group and view results (text, thank the Gods), or watch the races directly from links on that page. If you set your initial link to calendar instead of the home site, you won't see results, which they love to post so that the race-watching is immediately ruined for everyone who was looking at that screen. 

I start on calendar for MotoGP also, but the interface was designed by preteen teletubbies. If you want to see more than one or part of one thing...you're going to have carpal tunnel from scrolling and clicking 72 layers in. 

As I'm fond of saying...Humans, the worst.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

Hey Philois, as bmart has pointed out, here in the states the motogp app is available on my AppleTV device, but the WSBK app is not available in the Apple app store. I too just use the website for my euro 69.90 subscription and it works well enough.

When I want to see WSBK on the TV I mirror my (Mac) laptop, which works fine. It sounds like they just made the app for phones? Anyway, while I can't say with certainty what works in Queensland, just use the website on your laptop/computer.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

WSBK, hands down. The actual racing is so much better and the bikes are closer to what we actually ride/have access to. MotoGP is like F1 (that isn't a compliment as they're getting more like each other every year). 

My friend and I each buy one and share. I'm never going to pay for GP anyway...