Anyone use Grip Puppies?

Ziffer

• Member Contributer
  • Member Contributer

I have them and much prefer them to the standard grips. They have not made any difference to the function of the heated grips. You will need to replace them every now and then, because they wear and compact over time.

• Like 1

On the VFR, I have them on the throttle only along with a Cramp Buster to aid in turning the throtte.  I also have the police handlebar, which has removed any body weight loading on my hands.

I have their Big Paw version on both grips on my cruiser.  I did that mostly because the old foam grips were starting to weather.  Rather than buy new grips, I just slid the Grip Puppies over them.

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, vfrgiving said:

On the VFR, I have them on the throttle only along with a Cramp Buster to aid in turning the throtte.  I also have the police handlebar, which has removed any body weight loading on my hands.

I have their Big Paw version on both grips on my cruiser.  I did that mostly because the old foam grips were starting to weather.  Rather than buy new grips, I just slid the Grip Puppies over them.

I put in an order for the Grip Puppies and a Cramp Buster (same product by a different name). I'll give them a try.

I have the Heli bars on mine, but I still seem to have too much weight on my wrists. I have considered police handlebars. I'd like to get a lowering kit for the pegs too. But at what point should I just go get a cruiser? Do the police bars interfere with the fairing?

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Ziffer said:

I have the Heli bars on mine, but I still seem to have too much weight on my wrists.

There's a lot at play, with people's body parts measuring across a wide variety of lengths. But...much of sore wrists can be wrong lever location and body position. Just a thought. 

• Member Contributer

My 4th gen came with grip puppies on. After 2 rides I took them off. The handlebars were just too thick and I did not have the proper feel on the bike. I wear XL gloves, so no small hands here. I am totally happy with the OEM grips. This is just my personal opinion.

I usually do not hold the bars tight and let the bike do its job. Elbows always slightly bent and above 60mph no pressure on the wrists/hands. 

Again,just my personal experience.

• Member Contributer

I finally had to search... what the fuck are Grip Puppies?  Yeah, no.  I don't have hand issues, but if something lets you ride a VFR after you've explored options...  go for it.

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, Ziffer said:

I put in an order for the Grip Puppies and a Cramp Buster (same product by a different name). I'll give them a try.

I have the Heli bars on mine, but I still seem to have too much weight on my wrists. I have considered police handlebars. I'd like to get a lowering kit for the pegs too. But at what point should I just go get a cruiser? Do the police bars interfere with the fairing?

Your VFR when finished.

1996-honda-magna-750-for-sale-in-kingman-az-motorcycles-in-kingman-az.thumb.jpg.1033b58497653608745b2d518e7859c5.jpg

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Ziffer said:

The police handlebar doesn't interfere with the fairing, but a windshield will need the sides chopped.  It turns the VFR into a standard, not a cruiser.  I have lower footpegs too.

I actually have a 3rd generation Magna like Captain 80's posted, with standard bar and the factory mid controls.  The VFR with police handlebar is far more comfortable for long rides.  Picture a fully faired VFR800X Crossrunner, that's what the police handlebar accomplishes.