Windscreen Powerbronze ADVICE

traboskix

Wondering if anyone has installed one of the Powerbronze windscreens on their 8th Gen? I like the stock profile, but would like the dark tint. What I'm wondering about is the fit and finish of the windscreen. I just don't want a flimsy screen up there that looks cheap. 

• Member Contributer

Fitted a Powerbronze (light tint) to my 8gen and I'm very happy with quality, looks and fit.

But your 2005 vfr is a 6gen!

Note - Strange reflections on the screen and bike are from being positioned very close to an old weather board house.

_Y2A8129.JPG

• Member Contributer

On 3/28/2023 at 11:09 AM, traboskix said:

Wondering if anyone has installed one of the Powerbronze windscreens on their 8th Gen? I like the stock profile, but would like the dark tint. What I'm wondering about is the fit and finish of the windscreen. I just don't want a flimsy screen up there that looks cheap. 

Have a read of this.  https://vfrworld.com/threads/aftermarket-screens.55571/  

https://vfrworld.com/threads/silence-is-golden.56991/#post-602462

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Sorry for the late reply, only just saw your post. Have had mine fitted for a couple of years now, (dark tint) very happy with the looks and quality of it. Still looks good, doesn’t seem to scratch easily. Not a massive difference from stock though.

280F661B-0B7C-4FA5-AA84-9B44DBBD492E.thumb.png.c5c4ba85f573ae61a2bdae71d6286047.png

• Member Contributer

Curious...how do you see through it? 

• Member Contributer
12 minutes ago, bmart said:

Curious...how do you see through it? 

I can see the fence thru it behind the bike...   so kinda like sunglasses?  😉

• Member Contributer

I run a tinted visor 99% of the time and don't really ride at night anymore, but when I'm running on something I need clarity for (like track days...eek!) I always go with a clear windscreen. Most of the bikes I buy have dark tint or painted...and I sell them! What came on one of the R6 bikes...really. 

image.png.1d4fada33443ed80845da59d782537b1.png

image.png.e7e33a350ff23cce6798a4c6a6b89301.png

• Member Contributer

I wear dark tint visors nearly all the time too....    Most of my bikes are clear or the OEM light tint.  But if I'm on a bike that has a dark windscreen and I'm tucked, I'll usually let my eyesight be just above the (short) windscreen.  I'm not chin bar bouncing on the tank too many times...

• Member Contributer

Roger that. I'm working toward the recliner! lol

Archived