Jump to content

8th Gen Luggage pics


bobbyn

Recommended Posts

My lovely wife wants to join me on a 9 day road trip for the first time since before kids (the oldest is 18). I have a 2014 standard VFR800 and I need to outfit it with saddlebags, a trunk, and a back rest but I cannot locate any pics. I'd rather buy used but...

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great pics guys. From the Honda web site it looks like the Trunk and trunk platform are separate purchases, correct?

 

Any leads on used Honda luggage for the 2014 VFR800 would be greatly appreciated. 

 

TIA

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can search for 1200F panniers as well. The right pannier needs a little modification to fit the 800. There is a lump on the heat protection shield that hits the exhaust.

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greytec said:

You can search for 1200F panniers as well. The right pannier needs a little modification to fit the 800. There is a lump on the heat protection shield that hits the exhaust.

 

Great tip. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member Contributer

I would check on the givi website as they allow you to down load the installation instructions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member Contributer
19 hours ago, Greytec said:

Haven't seen the black version here yet...

58c2f6236d385_DSC00883-kopie.thumb.jpg.2466d7c8f7d2ab19f069cb2a97422008.jpg

DSC01084.thumb.jpg.bec4b4f1e71d69925b6f8a8bf2852160.jpg

DSC01085.thumb.jpg.5a532d1f9ac0e815940814d400fd2d38.jpg

Ohh I know those roads well. ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2017 at 0:32 PM, 14thumper said:

Anyone know if a Givi top case will fit with OEM side cases?  If so, which Givi case and brackets are ideal?

Yes it does , you can either  put the OEM rear carrier and then the Givi universal plate or the specific Givi rear rack

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2017 at 0:41 PM, andrearonin said:

Yes it does , you can either  put the OEM rear carrier and then the Givi universal plate or the specific Givi rear rack

Many thanks!  Now I just need to pick the proper case I can share with my ST1300.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 9 months later...

Hey folks,

 

I'm considering purchasing a set of OEM saddlebags as well, so this question is for you guys with them... I'm curious to know how waterproof they are? Or do you need to purchase the inner liners for that?

 

Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member Contributer

Have had no issues with mine at all and I live on the West Coast of Scotland.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CDNBCN said:

Hey folks,

 

I'm considering purchasing a set of OEM saddlebags as well, so this question is for you guys with them... I'm curious to know how waterproof they are? Or do you need to purchase the inner liners for that?

 

Cheers

The liner bags are a great addition because you can just pull out all your luggage at the end of the day and head to your hotel room. It also keeps things organized inside the bags so things are bouncing around.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

44 minutes ago, fink said:

Have had no issues with mine at all and I live on the West Coast of Scotland.  

 

28 minutes ago, superfunkomatic said:

The liner bags are a great addition because you can just pull out all your luggage at the end of the day and head to your hotel room. It also keeps things organized inside the bags so things are bouncing around.

 

Thanks for the information guys, much appreciated!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member Contributer

If you get inner bags then don’t get the Honda ones as you lose a fair bit of space.  I prefer modular packing and take panniers in when on tour as they are only used for transit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2017 at 7:41 PM, andrearonin said:

Yes it does , you can either  put the OEM rear carrier and then the Givi universal plate or the specific Givi rear rack

 

I've got a Givi rack and top box, but you've now got me thinking about changing the rack for an OEM one, both because it looks much better and because I know some of the Givi ones have failed at stress points. But a quick googling can't confirm that it's compatible with the Givi plate. Have you done this yourself? Any difficulties or disadvantages? Cheers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Have had no issues with mine at all and I live on the West Coast of Scotland.  


So, better than the top case?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HareBrain said:

 

I've got a Givi rack and top box, but you've now got me thinking about changing the rack for an OEM one, both because it looks much better and because I know some of the Givi ones have failed at stress points. But a quick googling can't confirm that it's compatible with the Givi plate. Have you done this yourself? Any difficulties or disadvantages? Cheers.

No problems at all
I remember the Givi rack had problems with the 6th gen and they add a plate to reinforce it, I don't know the current version, I choose the OEM for the better look, and I can assure you it can carry a full top box with a 40l givi soft bag without issues

 

 

IMG_7577.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member Contributer
1 hour ago, jhenley17 said:

 


So, better than the top case?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

Also have the45L top case as well. It stays on the bike most of the time. Have had no problems with it either.

IMG_1692.thumb.JPG.a5ed94602bb5d69ddeacfbdb27a6c859.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.