Pit bull front stand question

swimmer

• Member Contributer

A guy is selling one of these front stands (lower triple clamp variety) on CL.  Says he used it on a "2007 or 2009"CBR600RR.

According to pit bull the stand will work but needs a different pin. I've never used one of these types of stands before.  Can I get by temporarily with using the incorrect pin if I can't find a pin locally before this weekend? The guy on CL seems pretty flakey so I'd like to limit my interaction with him.

• Member Contributer

Technically yes, but I had my Ducati pin in when I was helping member with his VFR and noticed the stand didn't stay in and was actually resting on the chin of the front fairing! If the pin is close enough in diameter it might not be an issue, however if its too big then of course it won't work. Sometimes one pin will work for several make/models, so look up which pin both bikes use and who knows, it might be the same pin. Good luck.

• Member Contributer

According to pit bull they said the VFR would require a different pin.  She told me the part # for that pin but I don't know the part# for the CBR pin so I don't know if the pin this guys has is smaller or bigger.  Anyway, seems like I should be able to make something work.  Just need sorted by Friday evening.

• Member Contributer
14 minutes ago, swimmer said:

According to pit bull they said the VFR would require a different pin.  She told me the part # for that pin but I don't know the part# for the CBR pin so I don't know if the pin this guys has is smaller or bigger.  Anyway, seems like I should be able to make something work.  Just need sorted by Friday evening.

Here's what the pdf shows...

PitBull Stand Pins.png

• Member Contributer
3 minutes ago, crakerjac said:

Subbed.  I've got a Pit Bull front stand with an SV650 pin and I cant justify spending $8 on shipping for a $13 product...

Yep, a lot of products like this, the cost of shipping is 2/3 the price or sometimes more. I usually wait until I have other stuff I want/need and bundle it up from somewhere like Revzilla. $40 is an easy target to hit for free shipping! I know I have reached that number more than a few times and all I wanted was a set of earplugs!

• Member Contributer
47 minutes ago, Duc2V4 said:

Here's what the pdf shows...

OK.  It seems like the pin 6 is a smaller diameter, maybe.  So I could just make a sleeve/bushing to increase the pin OD to get me by.

There is a pretty big difference between the #6 pin and the VFR pin. I think I have both and can take a picture when I get home today. Over time, you just start collecting pins. I have about 4 or 5 of them now.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, wera803 said:

There is a pretty big difference between the #6 pin and the VFR pin. I think I have both and can take a picture when I get home today. Over time, you just start collecting pins. I have about 4 or 5 of them now.

Thanks.  That might be useful.  I am supposed to pick up this stand on Friday evening but if I know the differences before then I could maybe make my own pin or an adapter while I am at work tomorrow.  The pin for the VFR is referred to on the pit bull site as the "standard pin".

the shop where i looked at the stands had a large selection of the pins in stock....might be worth calling around locally.....the VFR uses the "standard pin" so odds are ok

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, wera803 said:

#6 is on the left, the VFR pin is on the right. Quite a difference in diameter, length, and #6 even has an angle to it.

c9dfd0729f4a1f988fc15c5abd375485.jpg

Thanks.  I should be able to get something to made to get me through the weekend if I can't find a standard pin locally.

• Member Contributer

I was in a Cycle Gear here locally and they carry Pitbull pins, may give them a try if you have one near you.

Archived