Thanks All - Enjoyed the stay here at VFRD

Elfrider

Just wanted to let everyone know and especially the new folks that VFRD is a great repository of information and the people here have been great.  Please enjoy it and share your knowledge.  Thanks to HispanicSlammer for keeping this going.  I learned so much here reading about everyone's experiences and technical advice.  It made my riding experience much better knowing all the secrets.  I even got to ride with a few of you and do some field trips (Barber Motorsports Museum). After 5 years, and riding it almost every day, I decided to sell my beloved 6th gen after logging 30k miles on it in December.  What a great bike.  Also note that I sold the bike for $200 less then I bought it for when it had 3,200 miles on it.  Essentially costing me only $40 per year to ride.  Not bad! Take care of your bike and it will take care of you. Scared shitless, I have moved on to an Italian Stallion in search of more power. We will see how that works out.  Take care for now and God bless.

Jon

Honda VFR 2006 - 1 of 18.jpg

Honda VFR 2006 - 2 of 18.jpg

• Member Contributer

Well looks like another one seduced by the hot Italian girl! It seems like a popular choice for a few people I know and not a bad choice at that, I was almost one of them myself. Take care Jon I hope the new ride is what you're looking for, I know it would have been a better choice for the ride we did down to Fallbrook a few years ago!

Thanks all! Only have room for one street bike in the garage and that was it. Went from one multipurpose bike to another.  Funny thing on the Ducati.ms forum, a good portion of the Multistrada riders had or currently own a VFR.  I had no idea.  Who knew?

@duc2v4

Ha - that's funny.  That was one of the first rides I did on it when I got it in April.  What a blast that is on this bike.  Anyhow still tweaking it in.  Everything is pretty good except the seat- miserable.  Getting a custom one made. Let's meet up when things cool down and you can take it for a spin.

Ducatomy

DUC-BRAAAPP.jpg

File Sep 08, 12 01 12 AM.jpeg

Thats an awesome bike.  160hp, selectable drive modes and that V twin.  I had a F800GS BMW and I had a blast with it.  You can carve corners then hop a curb cut threw a field or two and get back on the road again with out skipping a beat.

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, xpcgamer said:

Thats an awesome bike.  160hp, selectable drive modes and that V twin.  I had a F800GS BMW and I had a blast with it.  You can carve corners then hop a curb cut threw a field or two and get back on the road again with out skipping a beat.

I hope that hopping a curve wasn't because you missed the turn! :wink:

7 hours ago, xpcgamer said:

Had a blast riding a GS800 to Sedona AZ 2 years ago.  Was able to get out and actually do some dual sporting on the trails and fire roads with that.  Really a great single cylinder bike with some off road capability.  This bike is not that.  This is just a long travel touring bike with a super bike engine under the hood.  Super for around town and putting some miles on quickly (with cruise control of course).  Really got it so I can take my daughter on some longer rides.  The vfr was fine two up around town but not for big miles with a pillion.  Hope to do California and the coast soon.

image.jpeg

On September 7, 2016 at 3:25 AM, Switchblade said:

Good luck and that's why I bought this .

01212_eryL0Guxrkw_1200x900.jpg

Never ridden one.  Looks like fun.  Wonderful specimen you have. The most performance driven bike I have ridden has been the KTM 1290SD.  What a kick that was. Came this close to getting my first ticket on one of those.

image.jpeg

The F800GS is a parallel twin BTW.  Your Multistrada just needs some Dual Sport tires and you are ready to tackle some trails also!  Thats the beauty of that bike!  He was mine.  Miss this damn bike!

IMG_0643.JPG

Archived