5th gen seat latch help

• Member Contributer

Hi - my seat latch bit the farm and came apart. It was easy to reassemble, but I cant find the spring to keep tension on the latch piece. Where did it go? 

- A favor if you can. Please take a photo of the latch area, and what does the spring on the cable/latch look like and where does it go? I looked in the fische, but nothing in the parts shows that. 

Any help you can give is appreciated. 

Thanks 

:cool::beer:

Oh man thought for sure I could be of some help here,  but no,  a quick look as you probably all ready know, the spring is inside the key lock latch thingamajig, thought it was up where the latch actually is.   My guess is it looks to be a compression style there maybe one of those circular type too?  in with the pull down tab. would make sense to have a pull spring in there as a pull spring would be to long to do any good in that location,  but that's just my thought,  sorry wasn't much help.

• Member Contributer

There are a few good links on this searching by topic...great pics.

A spring from a sharpie retractable highlighter works if you can't find the spring.

You might want to try a star lock washer or lock tight when re-assembling, careful, it's soft alum.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Quick update..... a brand new latch was $14.... jeez... just bought a new one. Problem solved... ?

• Member Contributer

I'm slowly realising that buying OEM is actually a pretty decent option for a lot of parts, certainly faster than scouring eBay and you know what you get will work. Sadly there a few bits that are now obsolete.

Archived