Carbtune Question

expvet

• Member Contributer

I am going to do a synch using a carbtune on my 2006 VFR and have a question. Do you connect the hoses ( restrictors installed) coming from the carbtune to the end of the disconnected hoses from the 5 way joint (shown as letter A in the diagram) or do you remove the hose connected to the throttle body itself (shown as letter B) and connect the carb tune hose there? I ask because the carbtune comes with adapters but those would screw into carbs and has no connectors to the throttle body hose itself.

post-24160-0-74022000-1443278437.jpg

• Member Contributer

Thats my dilemma, I only received 8 (2 sets of 4) 5mm and 6 mm plastic adapters, which is what they include with the order. I purchased from Morgan directly the kit shown. No brass adapters were included. The adapters I do have are threaded on one end with a rubber o ring, but those are to thread into carburetors

post-24160-0-24100500-1443290893.jpg

• Member Contributer

You should be able to get some adapters (male on both ends) that would allow you to fit the Carbtune hoses to the 4 hoses removed at (A). They should be available at any decent hardware store.

• Member Contributer

Thats my dilemma, I only received 8 (2 sets of 4) 5mm and 6 mm plastic adapters, which is what they include with the order. I purchased from Morgan directly the kit shown. No brass adapters were included. The adapters I do have are threaded on one end with a rubber o ring, but those are to thread into carburetors

Take the o rings off and screw them into the end of the carbtune rubber hoses.

• Member Contributer

Disconnect each cylinder vacuum hose from the 5-way joint.
Connect those hoses to the carbtune hoses, using the restrictors to join them together.

post-13146-0-47034900-1443322148.jpg

• Member Contributer

The restrictor as a connector seems like a good idea since it will not only connect the hoses but minimize the overall length. Thanks to all for your replies, now on to removing the airbox, which is a major PITA!

• Member Contributer

The restrictor as a connector seems like a good idea since it will not only connect the hoses but minimize the overall length. Thanks to all for your replies, now on to removing the airbox, which is a major PITA!

No it's not, it's simple once you've done it once and there are a lot less hoses to reconnect than the 5th Gen.

• Member Contributer

I was in the process during the off season but had a lot of difficulty removing the hoses, which would not budge. Now I have these hose removal tools that I expect will make things easier. Definitely once done you know the routine for the second time around.

post-24160-0-58095700-1443400851.jpg

post-24160-0-96215500-1443400864.jpg

Archived