Vtech Buzzing Vibration

RC51Nick

• Member Contributer

I have a 2007 RWB with a Rapidbike autotuning module. Love the bike and the module but only complaint I have is a buzz vibration I get in the seat (stock) when the Vtec engages. It's quite annoying. Just curious if this is normal? It seemed to do the same thing prior to adding the Rapidbike module too. Didn't buy the bike new so not sure if this is what to expect and all Vtec's do this or what. Any feedback from other owners would be appreciated.

Nick

• Member Contributer

Dont have a go pro so doubtful on video. It's not really a sound of a buzz but a buzzy vibration in the seat..

• Member Contributer

Can't say that I notice it on my '07 RWB, or heard of this on any 6th gen for that matter. I live in Indy and my local shop has been good with VFRs over the last few years that I have owned them.

coming up for the GP? Sure if we had some VFRD members here in town we could take a look at it.

Impressive garage BTW!

When VTEC engages two more valves are active per cylinder. Is it possible that one cylinder is not running well with four valves, but is fine with two? If it is running bad on one cylinder at high rev this could cause vibrations.

• Member Contributer

When VTEC engages two more valves are active per cylinder. Is it possible that one cylinder is not running well with four valves, but is fine with two? If it is running bad on one cylinder at high rev this could cause vibrations.

Good idea .

• Member Contributer

Can't say that I notice it on my '07 RWB, or heard of this on any 6th gen for that matter. I live in Indy and my local shop has been good with VFRs over the last few years that I have owned them.

coming up for the GP? Sure if we had some VFRD members here in town we could take a look at it.

Impressive garage BTW!

Coming for GP but bringing my 06 RC51. Thanks though..

Good idea .

Thanks for the info. The bike runs great except for the vibration. The thing that is weird is I only feel the vibration in the seat. Not really anywhere else.

• Member Contributer

Not to make light BUT the battery is lock down so as not to vibrate and it is right under the seat.

The battery is tied down. I'm gonna keep looking for something loose on the outside of the motor.. Thanks...

• Member Contributer

I ended up turning the the rubbers around on the front seat hold downs. The top side were worn through. The vibration in the seat was alot less. I don't think it's an issue of the valves working ok. The bike runs very good.

• 2 weeks later...

Does some of us use the bike with passanger? My friend told me the rear footpegs are rather high freq. vibrating.

I used the bike up to 6000RPM with him.

When I rev up more the noise is just stranger :(((

So vetec, 2.air system, valves, spark plugs, injectors, engine and exhoust system bolts are on my list to check.

You say, your bike is better, so I want a good Honda as well.

I had an Aprilia RSV Mille Factory 2004- it was like a vibratory :( I would like to have something rideable.

Archived