8000Mile Service

fink

• Member Contributer

Mines going in on the 31st for its one. Would do it mesel but want the stamp in the book.

7,200 miles since March this year.

Just recently ticked over to 12000 miles since May last year. Be needing the big service soon!

You must have had one of the first new generation VFRs on the road. I bought mine mid-May 2014.

The dealer was very pleased as he had to argue to be given one of the first to be distributed in the UK, and he then sold it almost immediately - to me !

Mileage now 11,764. Needs first set of brake pads replacing fairly soon.

Just recently ticked over to 12000 miles since May last year. Be needing the big service soon!

You must have had one of the first new generation VFRs on the road. I bought mine mid-May 2014.

The dealer was very pleased as he had to argue to be given one of the first to be distributed in the UK, and he then sold it almost immediately - to me !

Mileage now 11,764. Needs first set of brake pads replacing fairly soon.

I seem to remember I was one of the first on the forum to get one on the road.

We're pretty close in mileage as well - race you to the next service! :wheel:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
I had the 12000 km service done today.

Result:

Oil (3,1 litres) and oil filter have been replaced, chain adjusted, tyre pressure adjusted.

Total labour was 1 hour.

Chain and Sprockets, Brake Pads, and Tires are good for another 12000km.

:tour:

Folks,

Back when I had a bike..... :mad:......I got into the habit of removing the plastics before I took the bike to the shop to make it easier for the folks there and to reduce the likelihood of an 'accident' while out of my sight.

Does anybody else do that?

LookingHard

• Member Contributer

Folks,

Back when I had a bike..... :mad:......I got into the habit of removing the plastics before I took the bike to the shop to make it easier for the folks there and to reduce the likelihood of an 'accident' while out of my sight.

LookingHard

Don't know about everybody else but its a hell of a good idea !

• Member Contributer

I've been tempted but never bothered. One shop I used to frequent - now out of business - never broke any tabs or anything (that is the big danger) but was notorious for giving me back the bike with fasteners missing.

Archived