Will A '94-'97 Seat Cowl Fit '90-'93?

OK, thanks. I know they are a bit different. I asked because they are more available AND a member here or on VFRWorld has done it, but I don't know how involved it was to make it fit.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Member Contributer

3rd Gen cowls are pretty hard to come by nowadays but Airtech makes an aftermarket 3rd Gen cowl for around $80 U.S. but it is unfinished and would need paint

Rollin

3rd Gen cowls are pretty hard to come by nowadays but Airtech makes an aftermarket 3rd Gen cowl for around $80 U.S. but it is unfinished and would need paint

Rollin

Thanks Rollin and for the Airtech tip. Mine looks perfect but needs work on the rear tabs. I had a chance at a perfect '97 one, but if I can't make it work, it's back to tab repair.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Member Contributer

OK, thanks. I know they are a bit different. I asked because they are more available AND a member here or on VFRWorld has done it, but I don't know how involved it was to make it fit.

The rear cowl profiles are different--I cannot even see this in the realm of "making it fit". Anyone with the skills to do that could just make one from scratch!

Ciao,

3rd Gen cowls are pretty hard to come by nowadays

http://www.vfr-oc.de/wbb2/thread.php?postid=278737#post278737

:biggrin:

Now that just isn't fair. I can't find ONE over here!

Are you a member of that group, V4 Rosso?

Cheers,

Glenn

The rear cowl profiles are different--I cannot even see this in the realm of "making it fit". Anyone with the skills to do that could just make one from scratch!

Ciao,

Well, I guess I'm doing tab repairs. C'est la vie.

Thanks,

Glenn

Archived