How Do I Mount This Givi Rack With No Top Rack? 5Th Gen

VFRfix

So I just got this Givi rack with no mounting hardware. I have both sides. Is there some trick to getting it mounted to the 5th gen ? I don't have the top rack. I got this on craigslist. Anyone have a trick? I don't have $150 for the top rack sadly and may have to sell them if there not a way to make this work...

Further can the jc whitney $38 top cases be mounted sideways as side cases instead?

Thanks all

post-32557-0-85649100-1430454286.jpg

• Member Contributer

You have to find the drawing of what it is supposed to look complete.

Then you fabricate at he missing bracket/supports.

Rattlecan black and you are good to go.

• Member Contributer

Bottom bit is easy, just bolts to the pillion footrest. The top - mmm,without fabricating gear you will struggle. Can take a picture of mine tmw if you want.

• Member Contributer

It looks like you are holding one of two PL257 sidecase rack. These attach to 257FZ monorack side arms. These side arms attach to a M5 monokey plate kit.

Here is where you can look at them. http://www.giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/honda/vfr800-99-01

I found some good Givi prices on Ebay; however I had to wait 5 weeks for them to arrive. (Shipped by Rowboat Inc with only two rowers, former Roman galley slaves.) The seller was pierolp86. I saved about $275 off retail for 2 E41 hardbags with a couple of the racks you are holding. BTW: the hardbags make great framesliders. :ohmy:

Ever hear of MacGuyver?

Or, just custom engineer it. Sorry, no actual help here. :sleep:

• Member Contributer

Remember, you'll likely be packing semi-precious cargo so I'd suggest you do it right. The Givi stuff has survived several encounters with hard surfaces and some not-so-hard (think large hoofed forest rats).

Archived