Advice - End Can & Screen Fitting

Skids

• Member Contributer

I'm sure I've seen some stuff on here but I've had a search of both here and th'interweb in general and can't find anything to help so....does anyone have a guide or any helpful tips on the removal of the existing oem exhaust end can and replacing it with a DAM? How easy is it to remove the side pieces to access the exhaust valve pulley thingy? The 2 cans should arrive this week & RoystonRocket2 & I are planning to fit them to our bikes next Sunday.

I have also just ordered a Powerbronze dark tint screen and I'd like to know how to get the oem one out.

In addition, I want to fit an aftermarket HID-Xenon bulb to the low beam so I also need to know how to remove the front fairing to access the rear of the headlamp unit. Anyone have anything there too?

Thanks.

Accessing the exhaust servo is easy peasy. Just take your seat off and you will see it on the right side of the bike surrounded by the tail piece side cover. (also easy to remove) I keep the above mentioned zero gravity link bookmarked also as it is excellent.

• Member Contributer

Fairing removal:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkHdUsblwmg

I've seen that, thanks but it doesn't show how I get access behind the front fairing for the bulb.

this will help with the windscreen replacement

http://www.zerogravity-racing.com/pdfs/455_windscreen_install.pdf

Thank you, that looks excellent.

Accessing the exhaust servo is easy peasy. Just take your seat off and you will see it on the right side of the bike surrounded by the tail piece side cover. (also easy to remove) I keep the above mentioned zero gravity link bookmarked also as it is excellent.

Ok, thanks.

you reach up behind the fairing and twist the headlamp socket counter clockwise to remove it

• Member Contributer

Sorry Skids...still early here. So, if you just need to replace the bulbs, just do as Ishark says. You can do this from inside in front of forks.

If you want at the headlight assembly, then remove side fairings and then:

And...

post-29709-0-03880300-1430060711.jpg

post-29709-0-32157300-1430060768.jpg

post-29709-0-27008000-1430060862.jpg

• Member Contributer

Ok, thanks.

It's not as simple as replacing the bulb, there is a relay and a ballast-type thing which need locating somewhere and I need to get a look to see where the space is.

I'm sure I've seen some stuff on here but I've had a search of both here and th'interweb in general and can't find anything to help so....does anyone have a guide or any helpful tips on the removal of the existing oem exhaust end can and replacing it with a DAM? How easy is it to remove the side pieces to access the exhaust valve pulley thingy? The 2 cans should arrive this week & RoystonRocket2 & I are planning to fit them to our bikes next Sunday.

I have also just ordered a Powerbronze dark tint screen and I'd like to know how to get the oem one out.

In addition, I want to fit an aftermarket HID-Xenon bulb to the low beam so I also need to know how to remove the front fairing to access the rear of the headlamp unit. Anyone have anything there too?

Thanks.

Don't worry, we've got the workshop manual and two of the best technical brains on the planet!!! Just keep the tea flowing and all will be fine.

Remember you'll need to shim the HID bulb base so it tilts downward to make sure the tip of it doesn't hit the reflector. You might be able to do it by reaching behind the headlamp. I found it very difficult, and I got small hands! When I did mine, I had to remove the fairings to install the relay assembly, plus some other LED lights, so I just took the whole front end off, including the headlamp.

• Member Contributer

When I did mine, I had to remove the fairings to install the relay assembly, plus some other LED lights, so I just took the whole front end off, including the headlamp.

That's what I suspected hence the request for advice and tips. Thanks.

If you follow that YouTube vid to remove the fairings, the headlamp is easy few fasteners after that. If you have to swap screen at the same time, you might as well taken it all off. Once you know how the screen is secured, you can take shortcuts, but the first time I recommend you take the plastics around it off.

My US$0.02

• Member Contributer

this will help with the windscreen replacement

http://www.zerogravity-racing.com/pdfs/455_windscreen_install.pdf

Thanks Ishark for that, it was very helpful and much better than the Powerbronze instructions.

Anyway, fitted this morning and it looks very good imo.

And yes, I've trimmed that fairing edge protector.

IMAG0283_zpsrkxsaplf.jpg

Archived