Q3 Vs Pp3

gig

• Member Contributer

i went with dunlop Q3's vs PP3's, this week and very happy with the tire. It does not tip in as easily, but once tipped in it feels much more stable mid turn and exit. Firmer side wall feel so after 100 miles, i reduced pressure gradually and have settled on 32f 36r, which is slightly less then PP3, but feels best for me now at that PSI. Riding the same roads i would get to the edge of the tire on PP3, i have 10mm chicken strip rear 20mm front so plenty of tire left. I have read on forums PP3 vs Q3, the PP's gets worse with miles "as I know" the Q3 better, and if that the case, I would choose Q3 over PP3 now, so can't wait to get some miles on them. $224 for set on rockymountian website w/ free shipping, with $50.00 rebate through the end of the month = $174.00!! Local dealer matched that price.

Thanks KEB for the guidance!!

• Member Contributer

You can get two rebates so stock up! I scored $180 in rebates this spring between Dunlop and Bridgestone. Bridgestone sent me an $80 prepaid card since I bought both sets together.

I am still surprised you think the Q3s steer a little heavier/slower than the P3s. Mine turn super quick.

• Member Contributer

Tip does take more effort, but it is definitely a better trade off to have the tire feel more confident in all other aspects of a corner.

yes, purchase by April 30th for rebate

• Member Contributer

I have not had a set of Michelins on my bike in so long I forgot how quickly they fall in. Two weeks ago I took a Kawi for a spin at the Gap and it really dropped in super quick and felt spongy all the way through the turn. Michelin tires all the way. When you get used to them they are fine and you learn to trust them because they offer very little feedback. Different than all the rest for sure.

After using so many sets of the high feedback S20s and loving their road feel I just can't get the same enjoyment from the Power line-up. The Q3s feel just like the S20s with better wear and maybe more grip, hard to tell for sure as both never had a grip issue one. If I was faster I may sing a different tune but at VFR/NCx street-paced header dragging lean angles I prefer the S20s and Q3s.

KEB

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I missed you at the gap this past Saturday, I was down with some kind of bug. How did the Q3s feel in the fun stuff? I met up with a guy yesterday that I suggested try the Q3s in place of PP3s on his KTM. I used to be able to keep up with him on my ST but no more. Dude was gone by the first corner.

• Member Contributer

I missed you at the gap this past Saturday, I was down with some kind of bug. How did the Q3s feel in the fun stuff? I met up with a guy yesterday that I suggested try the Q3s in place of PP3s on his KTM. I used to be able to keep up with him on my ST but no more. Dude was gone by the first corner.

I rode Grif's 5th gen and it's a demon. We ran 28 almost to Franklin and the Q3's were , for the lack of a better word, "PERFECT".

I rode Grif's 5th gen and it's a demon. We ran 28 almost to Franklin and the Q3's were , for the lack of a better word, "PERFECT".

How about Q3's on the ST? :cool:

• Member Contributer

Dave and I looked for you Saturday. The dragon was heavy in Harley and car traffic, so did not get to push the pace as usual, so we ran 28 and had a great day. Looking forward to the Tmac weekdays / Thursday and Friday at the dragon.

See you guys in two weeks!!

• Member Contributer

I have not had a set of Michelins on my bike in so long I forgot how quickly they fall in. Two weeks ago I took a Kawi for a spin at the Gap and it really dropped in super quick and felt spongy all the way through the turn. Michelin tires all the way. When you get used to them they are fine and you learn to trust them because they offer very little feedback. Different than all the rest for sure.

After using so many sets of the high feedback S20s and loving their road feel I just can't get the same enjoyment from the Power line-up. The Q3s feel just like the S20s with better wear and maybe more grip, hard to tell for sure as both never had a grip issue one. If I was faster I may sing a different tune but at VFR/NCx street-paced header dragging lean angles I prefer the S20s and Q3s.

KEB

I expect a full Q3 vs S20 EVO report soon, oh revered tire tester.

Me and my riding buddy did this comparo last year. He rides a CBR1K and I am on an 848.

The Q3 is better price wise for me by 20.00 on a 180 set for him 50.00 for a 190/55 set.

The Q3 last a bit longer.

The Q3 stick as good and the feel is the same in the turns.

We mainly ride the Cherohala and surrounding roads with very little straight road riding.

We both average 1400 - 1600 miles out of a set of tires.

You might be able to get more miles out of yours, but your roads are not near as good.

• Member Contributer

Me and my riding buddy did this comparo last year. He rides a CBR1K and I am on an 848.

The Q3 is better price wise for me by 20.00 on a 180 set for him 50.00 for a 190/55 set.

The Q3 last a bit longer.

The Q3 stick as good and the feel is the same in the turns.

We mainly ride the Cherohala and surrounding roads with very little straight road riding.

We both average 1400 - 1600 miles out of a set of tires.

You might be able to get more miles out of yours, but your roads are not near as good.

And the test was with the S20 EVOs, not regular S20s?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Just put on my second set of Q3's. I changed after 2,800 miles, felt great until 2,700, was at wear bars could have gotten 300 more miles out of them if needed.

PP3's same wear but felt great only until 1,800-2,000 then bad "very squirly", was changing shortly after with 1,000 miles of tread left. Will hopfully be trying the Bridgstone RS10's next as the 180/55/17 should have made there way to the USA by then.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Putting on tomorrow. Will let you ride and we can give a dual ride report, if your going to be at the dragon??

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

PP's were great, are great . Grif's tires did not make it in time for us to run the DRAGON but we will soon .

I ran two sets of Q3's last year and they are really good tires BUT if the PP's last longer and they will and if the cost was the same I would prefer the Mich's.

• Member Contributer

RS10's are fantastic, have exactly 500 miles on them

+ Best tire I have ridden, PP, PP3, Q3, (I would like try and compare to a set of Supercorse SP) easy tip in, go where you point them with ease, confident mid turn and exit, $197.00 for the set with $50.00 rebate.

-Guessing ill only get 2000 miles, Ill update at 2,000

Dave, are you going to be around this weekend?

• Member Contributer

Nope back on the 14 of August and will probably spend the weekend there with my VFR and my new to me Ltuned IS300 , hope you can make it , Let you drive the IS300 through the DRAGON !!!

AND we can watch Mark Marquez kick the crap out of everyone :goofy: at the Gran Prix of Czeck Reb.Automotodrom Brno MotoGP race at the Deals Gaps while eating breakfast with the boys.

• Member Contributer

That sounds to good to pass up, my work week runs Sunday - Thursday. If we have weather like we had this weekend ( no rain or afternoon thunderstorms to ride home through) I can be there 14th and or 15th.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Just completed 3300 miles on the PP3's and was very impressed with there rain and mileage . I only get about 1500-2000 miles out of the Q3's .

Right now they are $245 to the door from Chaparral.

PP3

PP3

Archived