Lower Fairing Decals, Y2K

jeffyjeff

Does anyone have that on their bike? Wasn't on mine... haven't seen it on others', and haven't seen it in photos.

Wasn't on mine, but then mine had been repainted anyway.

• Member Contributer

I've had two 2000 and it has not been on either. Neither on any my three red '01 s.

• Member Contributer

It's a Euro-thing. I was surprised to find the HECS stickers available in the USA. Maybe they're used in Canada as well? I ordered a pair for my US-based RC46 last year. (And I've got a dummy HISS receiver ring around my ignition switch...)

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

OK. Here is to confirm that the decals are still available from Bike Bandit. $29.64 each.

I'm guess you ordered 2 of the same part number?

Looking at the bike I'm sure nobody would notice, but for the really anal people, they are different side to side.

Really? I guess I'll have to take a closer look at some other bikes. I thought they were the same, side to side. Shit, I had my 98 right there that I used to precisely locate the decals and I did not notice a difference. Jeff J.

Really? I guess I'll have to take a closer look at some other bikes. I thought they were the same, side to side. Shit, I had my 98 right there that I used to precisely locate the decals and I did not notice a difference. Jeff J.

I noticed it when we repainted my girlfriends 2000 because I was comparing hers to my 2001. One of the bikes had silver towards the front wheel and changed to the dark charcoal. The other bike had dark charcoal towards the front wheel and silver towards the rear. Both sides of the bike were the same though (either charcoal in the front or silver in the front). Not sure if it changed between years or someone in the factory just switched them side to side.

Like I said, it would take an anal person to notice, or someone like me looking at pictures of both sides back to back to notice.

Archived