Finally A Vfr800! And A Tv Pilot

joepopp

• Member Contributer

I'm always on the look out for unique entertainment. You pilot teaser was interesting. My first thought on a guitar mount was something like the police use to carry their shotguns on their motorcycles.

For kicks here are some pics

https://www.google.com/search?q=Police+motorcycle+shotgun+mount&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS457US458&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=khvxVNjyCtCcygSpz4LADw&ved=0CCsQ7Ak&biw=1600&bih=775

Thanks Capt. Bob! Good tip. I'm thinking along the same lines similar to the Zmotorcase.

12.jpg

Welcome aboard Joe!

Very nice intro video, and your bike looks fantastic.

I am looking forward to more of your story and especially the music.

Cheers!

Thanks Southpaw. More music on the way!

• Member Contributer

Welcome aboard! Good luck with the production and getting one off the network's to pick it up. Nice looking bike. I'm looking forward to seeing this happen.

• Member Contributer

Welcome and good luck on your journey and adventure from a transplanted Jersey Boy... Rock On!!!

Psyched to play The Stone Pony!

Keep us in the loop... I still get back to Jersey on occasion and I can always send some old friends to come out and support your show... they don't need much of an excuse to make a run to Asbury Park!!!

• Member Contributer

Welcome Joe,

I will look through some pictures as I recall there was a guy on a r/w/b anniversary edition on the 2010 Kootenay ride that had a large!!! anvil/pelco case on the back of his bike and he was riding 2up! So I would think a JCM & guitar case should be no problem. I recall there is a member who made a rack so instead of a topcase where the load is further back the load is above the back tire ( I am sure someone will chime in..... I have carried a lot on my '94 so I am sure you will have no problem....I think you have chosen very well on the bike for this project, as I have had no major issues in the 108k + I have on my '94. I applaud you with what you are trying to do!!!

Good Luck!

Gary

Love it!! Sounds like a wicked excuse!!

Just to get that sweet looking bike immunized against posible electrical gremlins you should do the ground bus connector fix. It's a crappy connector that you would do well to eliminate and direct solder or use a ceramic screw/clamp style connector to replace it. I wrote up a How To for the VTEC 6th gen but imageshack has wiped my photos so it's of Little use but Kanuck has a thread on the same connector on the 5th gen: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/66045-urethra-i-found-it/

On the 02-05 6th gen the connector is located in the front subharness, on the left arm of the front support bracket for the front fairing nose-cone, under the black electrical tape... on the 05-09 6th gen it's inside the clear rubber boot just in front of the LHS radiator and you can Access it by removing the LHS fairing panel instead of the nose-cone.

It'll give you and your stator piece of mind for many a kilometer.

Brreak a leg!!!

• Member Contributer

Welcome aboard! Good luck with the production and getting one off the network's to pick it up. Nice looking bike. I'm looking forward to seeing this happen.

Thanks Wagzhp! I have a great crew around me. It's on me now!

Welcome and good luck on your journey and adventure from a transplanted Jersey Boy... Rock On!!!

Psyched to play The Stone Pony!

Keep us in the loop... I still get back to Jersey on occasion and I can always send some old friends to come out and support your show... they don't need much of an excuse to make a run to Asbury Park!!!

I will need every supporter I can get! I will keep you posted on dates. I saw Rush a couple years back at Barclays and they did the entire 2112 album as an encore. Classic.

Welcome Joe,

I will look through some pictures as I recall there was a guy on a r/w/b anniversary edition on the 2010 Kootenay ride that had a large!!! anvil/pelco case on the back of his bike and he was riding 2up! So I would think a JCM & guitar case should be no problem. I recall there is a member who made a rack so instead of a topcase where the load is further back the load is above the back tire ( I am sure someone will chime in..... I have carried a lot on my '94 so I am sure you will have no problem....I think you have chosen very well on the bike for this project, as I have had no major issues in the 108k + I have on my '94. I applaud you with what you are trying to do!!!

Good Luck!

Gary

Thank Gary! I have it all planned out in my mind and I have an ultimate set of tools! The bike is being stored for me until this crappy NYC weather breaks which I hope is before July!

Love it!! Sounds like a wicked excuse!!

Just to get that sweet looking bike immunized against posible electrical gremlins you should do the ground bus connector fix. It's a crappy connector that you would do well to eliminate and direct solder or use a ceramic screw/clamp style connector to replace it. I wrote up a How To for the VTEC 6th gen but imageshack has wiped my photos so it's of Little use but Kanuck has a thread on the same connector on the 5th gen: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/66045-urethra-i-found-it/

On the 02-05 6th gen the connector is located in the front subharness, on the left arm of the front support bracket for the front fairing nose-cone, under the black electrical tape... on the 05-09 6th gen it's inside the clear rubber boot just in front of the LHS radiator and you can Access it by removing the LHS fairing panel instead of the nose-cone.

It'll give you and your stator piece of mind for many a kilometer.

Brreak a leg!!!

Auspanglish,

I have been doing extensive reading about the electrical gremlins. Is this the same as the recall connector I saw in another post? I have not fear of the soldering iron as I am a studio wiring guy by trade. I also build amps and pedas on the side. Thanks for the tips!

• Member Contributer

What about a Scottoiler to keep your chain lubed and your mind on more important things? I highly recommend it...

• Member Contributer

What about a Scottoiler to keep your chain lubed and your mind on more important things? I highly recommend it...

I was under the impression that modern O-Ring chains do not need oil but just a conditioner/lube to keep the O-rings in good shape? It's been a while since I had a chain as my last bike was a shafty.

Looks like the video has some DRAGON footage ..

Yes! I did and east coast tour in 2013 and hit the Dragon. Simply amazing! Here's a write up about it:

https://joepoppk75.wordpress.com/2013/08/14/east-coast-tour-2013-day-5-boone-nc-to-tail-of-the-dragon-to-woodstock-ga/

Archived