Front Guard

dogman

Does anyone know if the front guard on our bikes is the same as the later model Honda CBR1000RR?

It looks very similar and there are lots of nice blingy CF ones around if this is the case.

I think I saw somewhere that it was the same, but I cant find it now.

Also the front calipers look very similar, so I also wonder if the geometry of the front wheel is the same as well, which could lead to endless possibilities...

• Member Contributer

Hi Dogman. The part number for the VFR front fender is 61100-MFL-000Z(*), the (*) is a letter representing the colour. It appears the FireBlade CBR1000RR uses the same part number for the front fender from 2014 going back to 2008. Check out the link below and type in the year and model number.

Cheers.

Grum

http://www.hondaparts-direct.com/fiche_select2.asp?category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2014&fveh=206667

The front brake calipers are the same part no as 2013,2014 CBR1000RR also. I thought they worked well

Looks like our bikes are a parts bin special :happy:

• Member Contributer

That's cool stuff. Honda continues the tradition of using parts across multiple bikes. Saves money for Honda and gives us more options to put on our VFRs.

I tried ordering a extenda fenda in carbon fibre from pyramid plastics a few weeks ago but they are out of stock and it still shows that on their website. Maybe if some of you guys post a interest on their site they will make some more!!!. Failing that, where else can i get one :tour: .

Archived