How Many Miles On Your 7Th Gen?

swimmer

• Member Contributer

Normally there is some sort of thread like this floating around but I couldn't find one. Are people racking up some serious miles on their 7th Gens? I became a member of this forum when I had my 6th gen several years ago. Even helped with the donations to buy HS his bike. Anyway thnking of coming back to the VRF family with a 7th gen despite the poor mpg the bikes seems to get. I usually get about 20% more mpg than most people with similar bikes so I am hoping that would be the case with the VFR1200 as well.

So where are you at with your miles?

• Member Contributer

Roughly 30,000 mi or 48,500 km since spring of 2012. Another consideration is that riding season here is about 7 months tops. Don't know if that is "serious" miles but it sure has been fun.

• Member Contributer

52,500 miles since I bought it new in Nov 2010. No maintenance issues at all. Completed valve inspections at 16K intervals and only had one exhaust out of tolerance so far.

140,000KM (87,000miles), purchased new May 2010, All miles racked up on secondary roads only, here in Korea motorcycles are prohibited on the highway. Change the oil 7000 to 8000 kilometers and oil filter every other oil change. Check the condition of the air filter every 20,000KM. Replaced air filter once at 94,000KM, usually just use compressed air to clean. Had a universal joint failure around 93,000KM, this stopped me from launching hard at stop lights. I had the dealer check the valves at 93,000, they told me they were fine (whatever that means), I guess I had to take there word.

• Member Contributer

140,000KM (87,000miles), purchased new May 2010, All miles racked up on secondary roads only, here in Korea motorcycles are prohibited on the highway. Change the oil 7000 to 8000 kilometers and oil filter every other oil change. Check the condition of the air filter every 20,000KM. Replaced air filter once at 94,000KM, usually just use compressed air to clean. Had a universal joint failure around 93,000KM, this stopped me from launching hard at stop lights. I had the dealer check the valves at 93,000, they told me they were fine (whatever that means), I guess I had to take there word.

That's a good amount of miles in a pretty short time. Sounds like the u-joint may have had a hard life until failure, I should be heading to Korea this winter to visit my wife's family.

78000 km (48700 miles) from February 2010 (bike was new), zero problems.

Changed engine oil and filter every 12000 km, air filter every 24000 km, final drive oil every 12000 km and stop, nothing else.

Never checked the valve gap (it is an Honda, sirs) and never changed the spark plugs, as Dae suggests.

i change my oil and filter every 3000 miles with Bel Ray EXP....gear oil every rear tire, about 8000 miles... spark plugs changed at at 17,500 with no valve adj needed...i'm due to change brake and clutch fluid and coolant again soon....trouble free for 3 years

i wonder how i got labeled "World Superbike Racer" in my profile ???? lol.... i wish...

i wonder how i got labeled "World Superbike Racer" in my profile ???? lol.... i wish...

I think it is a default and changes with the number of posts you have. You can go into your profile and change it though.

Archived