Power, Torque And Decelleration Graphs By Eu Bike Magazine

Dutchy

• Member Contributer

I never ever give anyone the bird, if any sign at all, it is a thumbs up.

Last thing I need is a frustrated cager to flip and decide to teach me a lesson....

• Member Contributer

I never ever give anyone the bird, if any sign at all, it is a thumbs up.

Last thing I need is a frustrated cager to flip and decide to teach me a lesson....

Just the Redslut .

post-8974-0-04762500-1410357956.jpg

• Member Contributer

No bar stories, no tall tales to make a point. I have, quite literally, never intentionally used my horn once in the past 80,000 miles on three different bikes, except to pass annual inspection.

Ride like you're invisible and you will either never put yourself in a position to, or will escape from, the need to push that horn button- or if unlucky, will be too busy trying to avoid the situation that the horn is not on your top 10 list at that moment.

Because I guarantee, the soccer mom with six brats in the Suburban on the phone to her psychotherapist won't hear our pitiful little horn until its too late.

Life around NYC is probably just a tad different from Utah. I use the horn a few times on each cross-town leg just to give the idiot jaywalkers a heads-up. For that I wish I could install train horns. And then of course there are all the times it is used as a substitute for a middle finger. And I do use it now and then to warn folks not to change lanes when they're creeping over. I'd rather give the horn a tap than slow down when folks aren't expecting it and end up with a car up my ass instead of in my side.

most thing i f**kin hate is someone bumping into/adjusting my mirrors and me not finding out until i start riding and look into my mirrors only to find out its way off

Folks here don't necessarily make themselves home on parked bikes but they do just carelessly bump into things. Usually while jaywalking. I've been known to put tar on the mirror housings. Doesn't stop the bump from happening but does make sure there's gonna be one more person who will be more careful around other people's belongings.

Born and raised in NY so, I'm picking up what you're laying down. Out here we all have pistols, so not much flying the bird!

Faarrrk, are you saying folk actually carry guns & pull them out over traffic disagreements? Hope thats just humorous hyperbole. Been contemplating a USA road trip next summer.

Well, while it is meant to be humorous, there have been just enough incidents to make one think twice about escalating any sort of issue on a highway. Remember, 1 in 500 to 1000 people will kill you for your wristwatch, no matter where you are.

Archived