Rebirthing A Legend

Greaterx

further parts: https://www.louis.de/en/rund-ums-motorrad/bike-datenbank/honda-vf-750-f-interceptor/rc15/0302 (This is the shop, I buy most stuff from, but i do not know, if they ship to australia)

edit:
one more source: there is a guy on ebay america, that sells aluminium breather and fuel tubes for the carbs. I boght them, and they fit my VF, and are, of course, less phrone to breaking than the original bakelite tubes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Magna-Sabre-VF1100-VF750-C-VF750S-VF750F-fuel-and-vent-tubes-/201154776784?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ed5c24ed0&vxp=mtr

(i am not related in any way to the seller)

further parts: https://www.louis.de/en/rund-ums-motorrad/bike-datenbank/honda-vf-750-f-interceptor/rc15/0302 (This is the shop, I buy most stuff from, but i do not know, if they ship to australia)

Thanks mate, I will check it out.

Update, after some cursory investigations it seems it will be very difficult to restore this VF without a handy supply of parts. Now I know why most people who restore them have more than one. I found another one 12hrs (return) drive away so will go and grab that on the weekend. It's cheaper than my first one and from what I can tell after speaking with the owner, it might be in better condition. The first one might become the donor bike. :-)
I'll post some pics when I get it.

• Member Contributer

You're definitely dedicated to a plan! Good luck and hopefully you can get one running machine out of both of them.

• Member Contributer

l reckon those are one of the best looking bikes ever made. Keep your 916's I never fancied them, but an updated VF750/1000 looks cool still.

Where do you have to go to get it? Also let me know if there are some parts you need and I'll see if you can help out.

Team Bongo President

Thanks Flyingdeck, It's a trip to Rockhampton and back from Brisbane. Between the two I should have a good bike to rebuilt one from. I'd really like to build a Transalp Style ADVSport from the remains but Ill see what I have left over. If I had the money and could get hold of some HRC superbike bits I'd do a replica.

16hrs on the road in one day, 1350 klms return trip with a bike in the trailer.

Turns out the donor bike is in better condition than the original so this will probably become the "A" bike.

I put the plastics back on both for a photo so don't be too concerned as nothing is bolted down or straight.

2 x V4's

post-30134-0-94235700-1410605396.jpg

My current fleet

post-30134-0-71305300-1410605403.jpg

Sadly, I am selling the GEN5 to fund a VFKR I found.

I figured I can find another GEN5 easily enough but a VFKR is pretty rare these days.

I travel a heap for work and have spent the last week in Hong Kong reading the projects others are doing and am getting excited about starting the rebuild when I get home.

First job will be to get one of them started. I had a go before I left but think a new set of plugs, leads and CDI packs are in order. At least it wound over freely.

I think this is going to be a long build.

Then theres this bad boy to start on. But that's a different project and post.

post-30134-0-70051700-1410878607.jpg

Archived