New Bike, New To Forum.

mandavdle

• Member Contributer

Just purchased a leftover DCT version 2013 ($10,999) in Pa, to complement my existing CTX700 naked DCT. I had been watching Cycle Trader for some time, and the dealer told me he had just acquired several new 1200's in an auction staged by Honda NA. I did add the Honda warranty extention. Love the bike so far, heavier than my CTX by a good bit but carries it very well even at parking lot speeds. Surprised by the wind protection given the short screen. Wind exists on my shoulders and helmet, but very clean air, no turbulence or buffeting. I will probably add Shad side bags and Helibars.

post-31052-0-34904200-1408785483.jpg

• Member Contributer

Welcome. Your new bike loves to travel great distances - let the big dog eat. Just returned from an 8800 km excursion with the wife and the bikes were flawless in their performance.

Sent from my cerebellum using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Welcome. Helibars made a huge difference in comfort for me, as did a rejigged seat. Love the silver/black color scheme of the 2013's.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the welcome everybody. Lots of good information on here, which ultimately led to my purchase of this bike, and will guide me through the customization process.

Dutchy, across the pond is where I started out, in Cumberland (felt more like Scotland than UK), but to find work I had to go to CH, then Germany, now US.

Archived