Anyone Install Akrapovic Slip-On Yet?

polbit

• Member Contributer

If yes, what do you think? I'm ready to spend the money, but I want to make sure that it sounds just right... I don't need a D&D sound on my brand new VFR...

I'm not able to answer you directly but I can say that I just finished some back and forth emails with Akropovic and they insist that their slip-on is compliant with 40 CFR 205 (the Federal EPA noise regulations) and has the laser-etched labeling saying so. So I don't think you need to worry about it sounding like a D&D.

Akropovics have for some while been good for delivering more power tastefully and aesthetically, without breaking ear drums. I have no reason to think the slip-on for the 8th Gen would be subsantially different than the one for the 6th Gen, but I too am eager to hear of some first-hand experience.

Mine is ordered but I am still waiting.

I emailed Revzilla, they said they should've had it in stock mid-July, so the rep is going to find out what's going on. Hopefully by the time it's in stock, you will post a good review with sound :)

Well, looks like Revzilla is supposed to get it early to mid-September, they just created the link. All for under $710. Here's the link: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/akrapovic-slip-on-exhaust-honda-vfr800-2014

EDIT: In stock, ships in 3-5 days! Just ordered mine, couldn't wait anymore... I'll post a vid once I get it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmm not good ! Maybe the Cat is still restricting it a bunch.

What does it sound like with the slip on off ?

??? I thought it sounded much better, to each his own :)

• Member Contributer

Hmmm not good ! Maybe the Cat is still restricting it a bunch.

What does it sound like with the slip on off ?

??? I thought it sounded much better, to each his own :)

Better then before for sure .

Wondering if the cat size has increased.

• Member Contributer

It does sound a bit choked upon acceleration of the revs in the video. But if you likey that is all that matters :-)

Archived