More Info On The Factory Accessories For The 8Th Gen

house

If you are looking for more information on the factory accessories for the 8th gen, I stumbled on the online manuals/installation instructions today. You can find them here: http://cssportal.css-club.net/honda/MCA/start.asp?group=oth (they have a few other bikes listed as well.)

ACCESSORY SOCKET.pdf

CARRIER BRACKET.pdf

CARRIER BRACKET 45L.pdf

HANDLE ADJUST PLATE.pdf

HUGGER.pdf

PANNIER SET (Wave key type).pdf

QUICK SHIFTER.pdf

SECURITY ATTACHMENT.pdf

TOP BOX (Wave key type).pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this, used it to fit my hugger and the rubber backrest for my topbox. Just to buy the risers, akro can and pazzo levers (when they come out).

I'm grateful for the info too. Without this I might have wasted money on a useless power socket. GeeZ...!

I got one, it comes with the touring package. It is only live if the engine is on!! . Dont understand why they did not put a socket or 2 on the outside of the bike somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Moving the pannier locks. Hopefully none of you have to go through this but due to a taxicab passenger not looking before swinging her door WIDE open, I ended up having to replace my panniers. Naturally I bought just the panniers and planned on moving the key lock cylinders from the old set to the new set.

That as it turns out is do-able but not entirely without effort.

The objective is to reach what the instructions refer to as the stopper tumbler while the key is in the inner cylinder. Depressing that tumbler into the cylinder is what allows you to remove the inner cylinder so it can be moved to the new panniers.

Often, the outer cylinder will have some hole or slot cut into the side so once you can access the outer cylinder, you can push something in to release the inner cylinder.

To reach that inner cylinder you have to completely disassemble the locking mechanism from inside the bag. You'll need hex and Torx bits.

Then you'll discover that the outer cylinder has no hole or slot in the side. :mad:

There's a circlip on the back of the inner cylinder which fastens it to the actuator arm for the lock and bag release mechanism. Remove it the circlip and move the mechanism away, wipe away some of the grease in the slot underneath and you should be able to see that stopper tumbler.

I used a toothpick in the slot while rotating the key / inner cylinder to depress the tumbler. A paperclip in the little hole at the end of the outer cylinder helps push the inner cylinder out from behind.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

So what is the Security Attachment if the Alarm is "sold separately"? Is that just the bracket to attach the Honda alarm??

Also, I don't mind having the electrical outlet switched off when the bike it off. All I use it for is charging things while I'm riding. I wouldn't leave something charging while I'm away from the bike.

• Member Contributer

Can not find any reference to the "Security Attachment" (Alarm System) on Honda's web site or accessory catalog. Searched part number and no results!

Only Europe ME THINK.

http://www.cmsnl.com/products/kit-security-att_08e70mjmd00/#.VJStxdwBpA

Has anyone bought and installed the Rear Carrier, Rear Trunk Base and Rear Trunk on their 2014 Interceptor and if so are you happy with it? Quite costly (in my opinion) but might be nice for longer rides.

I have the side panniers on my bike and am very happy with them. A friend following me did comment that it seemed to him that they flex/bounce up and down quite a bit when I go over bumps. Based on that I have considered adding a removable support strut between the base of the panniers to cut down this flex. Should be fairly easy to avoid any interference with the rear tire. Thoughts welcome! I wonder if this "flex" is the basis for the capacity limit on the panniers, since the mounting brackets seem quite robust.

Has anyone bought and installed the Rear Carrier, Rear Trunk Base and Rear Trunk on their 2014 Interceptor and if so are you happy with it? Quite costly (in my opinion) but might be nice for longer rides.

I have the side panniers on my bike and am very happy with them. A friend following me did comment that it seemed to him that they flex/bounce up and down quite a bit when I go over bumps. Based on that I have considered adding a removable support strut between the base of the panniers to cut down this flex. Should be fairly easy to avoid any interference with the rear tire. Thoughts welcome! I wonder if this "flex" is the basis for the capacity limit on the panniers, since the mounting brackets seem quite robust.

indeed that is why the panniers have a limit to max. wheight.

Archived