Should Have Bought Crash Protection First

Guest richy170

• Member Contributer

really hard to find the ideal bike,I have 2 and think I need another lighter adventure style bike as well,maybe a transalp or vstrom 650,

or else sell the ST, Vfr, and buy a crosstourer or super tenere, not easy getting it right.

hard to imagine ever selling the Vfr or ST though

• Member Contributer

ABS and TC are marketing tools

So let's put that to the test. We'll find some pavement with sketchy traction and see who can emergency stop better. Then we'll see who can pull away from a standing stop quicker. I'll be on the bike with both of those marketing tools, agreed?

:491:

• Member Contributer

My FL met its early demise on a UK roundabout. I did later spot (and smell) a diesel "overfill" trail. I had been a bit enthusiastic with the throttle, I have to admit, but it was the front that slid out. A rear end slide on a roundabout usually gives you time to notice what's happening, even if you can't save it, but the front goes instantaneously. Sorry to see that happen to a shiny new bike (mine had been well used by that point). But I see that R&G has you covered now!

Ciao,

i've been riding bikes for 45 years and never owned one with traction control and have never seen the need for it or had a crash that TC would have prevented....on the other hand, i have had ABS virtually turn off my brakes when i needed them desperately....esp in my truck in the snow....hate it.....i have one turn on my regular mountain ride with a bumpy entrance where if you come in a little too fast the ABS activates and causes the bike to not slow down and run wide into the oncoming lane or into the woods if you're not careful....scary shit....

ABS and TC are marketing tools

So let's put that to the test. We'll find some pavement with sketchy traction and see who can emergency stop better. Then we'll see who can pull away from a standing stop quicker. I'll be on the bike with both of those marketing tools, agreed?

:491:

i learned to ride on dirt....i don't need a computer to ride for me

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Here in the US, tar snakes (where cracks in the road have been filled with a stream of molten tar) can create interesting moments on very hot days, particularly when they angle into your line unnoticed on a corner. Not sure if it gets hot enough in UK for that problem though.

Archived