1995 Vfr Exhaust To Cbr Two Brothers Undertail

rallen0223

I'm new to the site. I was wondering if it's possible to swap the stock VFR exhaust for a 05 CBR 600 full two brothers system and if not what undertail exhaust could be swapped

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I mean it doesn't have to be that specific two brothers. I was just giving you an example. My friend has a 99 VFR he got modded with an akr above undertail exhaust. I'm just not sure if that's a full system or not.

Akrapovic*

• Member Contributer

lol l4 full system headers on to a v4 engine??

Kinda different head pipe & collector config.

I would only do an undertail on a street oriented bike if it was something that I really wanted to do. It can be done (see veefer800canuck), but it's a lot of work for only cosmetic gain. For a track bike it's a LOT more work if you want to save weight as well as gain ground clearance. It'll require special materials, equipment, and welding skills.

For example I bought an unfinished 4th gen track bike project from a member here that had been converted to a CBR900RR rear swing arm. Yeah it saves a lot of un-sprung weight, but the exhaust was going to be a serious PITA to do correctly. After much thought I put a stock swing-arm back on. The cost+time simply outweighed the benefits for a track-day-only bike.

• Member Contributer

i have a 5th gen two brothers full system merged to a 6th gen two brothers undertail slip on. anything is possible...

Collector back is the easy part. The devil is in the header pipes if you want to keep equal lengths, and your torque curve.

Did you just weld it together and slap it on? Actually CandyRed yours is almost exactly what I want out of mine except a different front end. I want the undertail exhaust because I live the single arm swing arm look and I want my exhaust tucked up and out of the way. So where did you go to figure out what would work for yours?

i have a 5th gen two brothers full system merged to a 6th gen two brothers undertail slip on. anything is possible...

Collector back is the easy part. The devil is in the header pipes if you want to keep equal lengths, and your torque curve.

It's a full race two brothers full system(headers/mid pipe/low mount muffler). The collector is not factory located or angled. Both mid pipes had to be cut and welded together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you just weld it together and slap it on? Actually CandyRed yours is almost exactly what I want out of mine except a different front end. I want the undertail exhaust because I live the single arm swing arm look and I want my exhaust tucked up and out of the way. So where did you go to figure out what would work for yours?

Where did I go? I bought a used two brothers racing full system from a guy on the Vfr forums. He was in Canada and it was on his fifth gen. I installed it on my sixth gen. Then I installed my sixth gen slip on. I cut both of the mid pipes where they met. Then I welded them together.

• Member Contributer

It's a full race two brothers full system(headers/mid pipe/low mount muffler). The collector is not factory located or angled. Both mid pipes had to be cut and welded together.

Not sure exactly what was done, but the TBR is a well thought-out system with good build quality. Equal lengths in the primary tubes is essential to making smooth power on a flat plane crank VFR. Not so much on a big bang V4 hence the split exhaust on the Moto GP bikes. They are a different animal.

If I wanted a peaky high RPM motor I'd just ride a 600cc I4 or a 2-stroke. Not that I wouldn't want a 2-stroke street bike, but that is a bit off-topic.

The power with the full system is awesome. Phenomenal top end, great mid range, and not too much sacrifice in low end. I have advanced my ignition timing so I actually still have more low end than a factory Vfr, so overall, no compromises.

• Member Contributer

The power with the full system is awesome. Phenomenal top end, great mid range, and not too much sacrifice in low end. I have advanced my ignition timing so I actually still have more low end than a factory Vfr, so overall, no compromises.

So you removed the cat, moved the collector point slightly, and added better primaries which are the main sources of your performance gains over the restrictive stock 6th gen system.

I love where this thread is going. So I don't want to get off topic. CandyRed I have another thread open about modding the upper cowl and seat. If you could comment on that so I can ask you about your headlight setup that would be much appreciated.

I TOTALLY understand where you are coming from. I've wondered about the details of building an undertail to show off the rear wheel also. For the generation of bike you have, you already have the better header config. (compared to my 3rd gen mega-box collector). I'd start with the header you have and build the undertail as a catback system only.

I know I've seen random pics of undertail 3/4 gen bikes, so it can be done. But like someone said before, it's all about time/effort/cost/gain.

Why don't you guys just try and find a highmount or left exit system. Two Brothers racing made full systems for your bikes back in the day. just put some effort into trolling the forums/classifieds and ebay for a while. Thats what I did and I eventually found one.

If I stumble across one, I will try and buy it... but changing the exhaust is a farkle to me, and I don't have the $$$ for that right now anyway. Still fun to dream and scheme. :)

• Member Contributer

Why don't you guys just try and find a highmount or left exit system. Two Brothers racing made full systems for your bikes back in the day. just put some effort into trolling the forums/classifieds and ebay for a while. Thats what I did and I eventually found one.

You are just a very lucky soul to have found one for your 5th gen. It happens maybe a couple times a decade. The 4th gen ones are a little easier to find, but not that much.

If all you want to do is use the stock headers and run a CBR600 undertail exhaust on it, it has been done. Marty did it on his 4th gen project. I'll dig up the build in a sec.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/31254-4th-gen-vfrcbr-f4i-body-conversion/

There are a ton of 4th gen build threads you can look through. Some are more adventurous than others.

I've got a sixth gen but yeah the headers are compatible but the mid pipe, not really, so I mounted the full system and then cut the mid pipe in the appropriate spot.

Anyways I didn't get that lucky. It just took a few years of hard trolling. I should have jumped on the first system I saw. It was $700 and in way better shape. I didn't have enough money at the time so I let it go.

Then the second one I found a year or two later was $800 and a little rough. Plus I spent $160 on it to have it sand blasted and ceramic coated after I welded it up.

But considering how much a name brand slip on for a sixth gen costs and the power gains and weight reductions I got from my custom full system, compared to your average motad/Delkevic/98stock header slip on combo, it was well worth it.

So your undertail was never meant to be an undertail? You just cut and 2 side pipes to make an undertail (is what I'm getting if I'm reading your posts right) or is the can an undertail from a different bike you welded to a 5th gen full system you cut the can off of?

My undertail is the two brothers carbon vale undertail slip on for the sixth gen, the only thing different is that it's hooked up to a two brothers header.

This is the only bolt-on underseat exhaust ever made for a 4th Gen, it's from Wolf Racing and they're not easy to find.

3369931645_fc57194b57_b.jpg

Not 'exactly' a bolt on as you needed to cut the rear inner fender up and add aluminium panels and brackets, and many owners reporting problems with the tyre hitting the pipes. This could be solved by flipping the eccentric, but that involves pulling the rear hub right out to countersink a brake caliper bolt. So all in all, quite a bit of work, almost enough to make a custom system worth considering - and then there was the price, $1800 US if I recall correctly... I didn't pay anywhere near that for my used system. In fact after I sold the Staintune I had, I was only $100 out of pocket.

Archived