If You Have A 4Th Gen With A Two Brothers Pipe...

...I got some questions for you.

My 4th gen has a high mount Two Brothers AL "C" series slip on. The "C" series was round in diameter, not oval.

It fit fine when it was the standard mount, and down low. I found out they made a high mount kit for it many years ago, and I bought that to show off the rear wheel a bit, but....the high mount kit pushes the end tip of the pipe slightly past the rear of the bike some. A couple inches or so. I've lived with it like this for....a decade or more?

Also, the C series is way too large in diameter for my tastes. It's a hair's width from touching the rear outer fender with the high mount kit on it.

I still have the original AL strap as well, not the much cooler rubber one.

I'd like to find a Two Bros oval slip on (which they call M2 in AL, and M5 in...carbon fiber, I think.) But they no longer make anything for this bike.

So, I COULD just find/buy an M2 AL can from any bike, and take it to an exhaust shop and "make it fit" I suppose. Thing is, now they have some sort of system to connect the canister to the mid pipe that does not use a spring (like mine) called a VALE system? Would love to know more/see more about this connection.

If you have one of these Two Bros oval slip ones for this bike, post up. I'd like to get some fotos/diameters/connections and see what I may be dealing with before I commit to this.

• Member Contributer

Pictures would make it clearer what you're asking, but I think the high-mount end cans were usually made a couple of inches shorter (thus slightly louder) than the low-mount end cans. Shortening yours shouldn't be very difficult, but access to a band saw might make it look nicer than if you try to do it with hand tools.

Ciao,

No, the only thing that turned a standard can into a high mount can was a 10" section of bent tubing that moved it higher on the bike. Plus, this thing is round and once it got moved into a high mount pipe it nearly has a clearance issue on the fender that I'd like to solve as well.

If i remember correctly the 2Bro header had a larger collector outlet them any stock collector outlet so one would not swap with the other w/o some mods.

• Member Contributer

No, the only thing that turned a standard can into a high mount can was a 10" section of bent tubing that moved it higher on the bike. Plus, this thing is round and once it got moved into a high mount pipe it nearly has a clearance issue on the fender that I'd like to solve as well.

Are you sure about that?

post-362-0-31180200-1401627559.jpg

You can certainly mount a low end can high, but it will stick out the back--unless you shorten it. It has to. Look at where the link pipe ends.

Ciao,

My pipe hangs too far off the end for my taste. Look in my gallery or my avatar. I've looked into shortening it about 3". Youtube etc, but there are more idiots with hacksaws on their than anything. Near as I can tell, the end cap needs it's rivets drilled out as well as the tbr badge about 4-5" from the rear of the pipe. I believe a high speed specialized cutting wheel with a securing device (one guy on youtube has it in a dewalt board cutter) would do the trick. I'm going to check with my local shop tomorrow and see if there is anything else I might need to be aware of. I'm presuming the rivets would simply go into the new hole after all is said and done, but I'm making sure first.

Two Brothers right hand side. Attached with tension springs from Lowe's, a hose clamp and two tabs bent 90* and secured under the hose clamp. Sorry, just realized you were looking 4th Gen, this is 3rd.

post-14940-0-84898900-1401630736.jpg

post-14940-0-83315100-1401630770.jpg

• Member Contributer

My pipe hangs too far off the end for my taste. Look in my gallery or my avatar. I've looked into shortening it about 3". Youtube etc, but there are more idiots with hacksaws on their than anything. Near as I can tell, the end cap needs it's rivets drilled out as well as the tbr badge about 4-5" from the rear of the pipe. I believe a high speed specialized cutting wheel with a securing device (one guy on youtube has it in a dewalt board cutter) would do the trick. I'm going to check with my local shop tomorrow and see if there is anything else I might need to be aware of. I'm presuming the rivets would simply go into the new hole after all is said and done, but I'm making sure first.

I would disassemble the whole can before doing any cutting. You need to inspect the inner tube to be sure you can shorten it without issues. You can get replacement rivets from TB or any good fastener supply.

If you can find someone with a metal cutting band saw that would be great. We have one in our race car shop, and it works great for making fine, clean, straight cuts.

My pipe hangs too far off the end for my taste. Look in my gallery or my avatar. I've looked into shortening it about 3".

Near as I can tell, the end cap needs it's rivets drilled out as well as the tbr badge about 4-5" from the rear of the pipe.

You could always cut from the other end, leaving the end cap, etc alone.

Archived