2010/2012 Seat?

• Member Contributer

Does anyone know if a seat from a 2012 will fit a 2010?

My 2010 seat has started to tear, right at the corner by the left side of the tank and the dealer will cover it under warranty and offered to get me the new style seat. But i'm not sure if it will fit.

Thanks for any help.

• Member Contributer

Yes it will. I used the seat from my wife's 2012 on my 2010 while my seat was at Sargent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky you. I had to pay another 2012 owner to swap seat. The 12 has grippier surface so I don't slip slide on it as much.

• Member Contributer

Oh yes those 2010 sumbitches sure are slippery...

I volunteered as a motorcycle mounted security at the last leg of the Presidential Cycle Tour in Istanbul Turkey this past Sunday (Mark Cavendish won the overall race I think). Anyways I took a photographer on the circuit and he took pictures for two laps. I almost dropped him when he told me to speed up after the cyclist got close and almost had a heart attack as he slipped backwards and started screaming "wow wow wow stoppp!". It was a very gentle 3rd gear roll-on guys, nothing dramatic, because I already know the damn seat is slippery and in fact I had told the photographer right before this happened.

Just thinking about it, I still get the shakes. Imagine the headlines all over the world in sport pages: Biker drops photographer in front of cyclists causing a huge pile-up and injuries. Blames Honda Motor Corporation for slippery seat.

After that I grabbed his calf with my left hand each time he was taking pictures. I apologized for the incident and he said no worries and he was happy about his pictures so at least there's that. I won't be doing that again soon though.

I even got my 15 minutes of fame (more like 1.5 seconds), here's me on the circuit with the photographer:

http://www.bisiklethaber.com/Galeri/tur2014-istanbul-istanbul-04.05.2014/pages/IMG_4133.htm

i find the stock 2010 seat pretty comfy...i don't have the slippery problem with my Joe Rocket Phoenix pants on...i really like the grey color on the VFR, if it was available in the U.S. it would have been a tough choice

Archived